• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

cursor position in a RTF-control

Started by Christoph Embacher, May 30, 2010, 06:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph Embacher

How can I ensure the cursor is positioned at the end of the text in a RTF-Control? In an Text-Box I tried the code below and it works fine. But these FF-functions aren't available for the RTF-control. Thanks a lot for any help.

Christoph Embacher

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Function FRMMAIN_WM_CREATE ( _
                           hWndForm As Dword, _      ' handle of Form
                           ByVal UserData As Long _  ' optional user defined Long value
                           ) As Long

Local sTemp As String
  Local lCount As Long
  Local i         As Long

sTemp = FF_ClipboardGetText
  FF_TextBox_SetText (HWND_FRMMAIN_TEXT1, stemp)

lcount = FF_TextBox_GetLineCount (HWND_FRMMAIN_TEXT1)

For i =1 To lcount
    FF_TextBox_Scroll (HWND_FRMMAIN_TEXT1, %SB_LINEDOWN)
  Next

FF_TextBox_SetSel (HWND_FRMMAIN_TEXT1, Len(sTemp), Len(sTemp))

End Function

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

Paul Squires

I tried your code on a rtf sample test project and it positioned the cursor correctly at the end of the text. Actually, there should be no need to use the FF_TextBox_Scroll for/next loop because the richedit control should automatically scroll the cursor into view when you set the position via FF_TextBox_SetSel (I think).

The FF_TextBox_SetSel function uses an internal SendMessage call to the control using the %EM_SETSEL winapi message. The winapi help for that message states:

"The EM_SETSEL message selects a range of characters in an edit control. You can send this message to either an edit control or a rich edit control.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Christoph Embacher

Thank you, Paul, you are right. I didn't know, that I could use thr FF-TextBox-functions in the same way for the rtf-control.