• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE on GitHub

Started by Paul Squires, June 25, 2016, 04:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Yes, I used Unicode and it works okay with Unicode. I just had to ensure that I was sending the proper length of the string to WM_COPYDATA. Basically, 2x the LEN of the string.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Richard Kelly

I know it's early in the visual designer stuff. Just wondering if you plan on supporting opacity as a form attribute? There are times, like splash screens, where I like to fade in and out.

Rick

Paul Squires

Quote from: Richard Kelly on August 31, 2017, 03:49:26 PM
I know it's early in the visual designer stuff. Just wondering if you plan on supporting opacity as a form attribute? There are times, like splash screens, where I like to fade in and out.

Rick
Everything is on the table at this point. Long ways to go before we get to the code generation stage.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Richard Kelly

Downloaded the latest version. Being a bit careful, I ran all my cCalendar work both 32/64 bit with FB 1.05 and FB 1.06 with no issues. Loaded my SQLite Client/Server work in progress with no issues.

Compiled the piano example and that was nice.

After a few hours, no crashes, rock solid.

When you get the designer going, I have code for a GUI cCalendar I'll port over, test, and, let you know the results.

Rick Kelly

8)

José Roca

Disabling "Autocomplete" does not work with SELECT CASE. It insists in adding "CASE" after pressing the Enter key.

Paul Squires

Quote from: José Roca on May 12, 2018, 05:59:23 PM
Disabling "Autocomplete" does not work with SELECT CASE. It insists in adding "CASE" after pressing the Enter key.

Right you are. In the modAutoInsert.inc file I tested for AutoIndentation instead of AutoComplete. Oops :)

function AttemptAutoInsert() as Long
   If gConfig.AutoIndentation = false Then exit function

I will fix that.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

With IF xxx THEN, FOR, WHILE, DO, etc., and autocomplete disabled, the editor adds extra blank lines, the difference being that it doesn't add NEXT, DO, END IF, etc.

When saving a file as UTF and reloading it, it adds some garbage at the end, e.g.:

print
print "Press any key..."
sleep
␀ԉ�ԛ鯵䁡耀

Paul Squires

Quote from: José Roca on May 26, 2018, 10:53:11 AM
With IF xxx THEN, FOR, WHILE, DO, etc., and autocomplete disabled, the editor adds extra blank lines, the difference being that it doesn't add NEXT, DO, END IF, etc.

When saving a file as UTF and reloading it, it adds some garbage at the end, e.g.:

print
print "Press any key..."
sleep
␀ԉ�ԛ鯵䁡耀

Hi Jose, I'm not seeing either of those behaviours with the version I am using. I will upload to github the latest code and exe's and then you can try again with the tests to see if the problem is still there.
(I just need to fix the Function List problem of not showing the SUBS)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

This version works fine.

Paul Squires

Excellent - thanks Jose :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Now what it does not work is Autoindentation.

Paul Squires

....right you are. I completely closed off Autoindentation by testing if AutoComplete is active. I will fix that right now.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Hi José,

I have reworked the code to test for AutoIndentation and AutoCompletion. It appears to work much better now and should also eliminate the extra CR/LF when using AutoIndentation only.

I have attached new 32 and 64 exes for you to try. I will upload the changes to GitHub if you report back that those exe's are working as you expect.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Yes, it works as expected.