• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 1.3.0 on GitHub (March 24, 2017)

Started by Paul Squires, March 24, 2017, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

New source files and EXE's uploaded to GitHub.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

When you will finnish playing with utf8, remember to change my name from JosÃÆ'Ã,© to Jose :)

Alternatively, you can use Josep (it is my name in Valencian, my mother language).

José Roca

Updated español.lang file.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on April 24, 2017, 05:28:28 PM
When you will finnish playing with utf8, remember to change my name from JosÃÆ'Ã,© to Jose :)

Alternatively, you can use Josep (it is my name in Valencian, my mother language).

Actually, looks like I had a logic error in the file loading code. If the text file was UTF-8, I was (for whatever stupid reason) running it through AnsiToUtf8 conversion function. I have fixed that now so your name should now appear correctly.  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

ganlinlao

hi,TechSupport

thanks
ganlinlao

José Roca

Quote from: TechSupport on April 24, 2017, 09:25:56 PM
Quote from: Jose Roca on April 24, 2017, 05:28:28 PM

Actually, looks like I had a logic error in the file loading code. If the text file was UTF-8, I was (for whatever stupid reason) running it through AnsiToUtf8 conversion function. I have fixed that now so your name should now appear correctly.  :)

Nope. And I can't use the editor because as soon as it finds an accented letter it switches to UTF-8.

José Roca

This code is not correct (many European languages use 8 bit character sets) and is causing that the editor is wrongly identifying all my ansi files as UTF-8. It is also slowing the load of the file.

If it has no BOM, simply load it as ansi.

' Could be ANSI or UTF8(no BOM)
      ' Test the string to be ANSI by checking that BIT7 of each character is unset
      dim as Boolean IsAnsi = true   ' default that this is an ansi file
      for i as long = 0 to len(ansiStr) - 1
         if bit(ansiStr[i], 7) THEN
            IsAnsi = false: exit for
         END IF
      NEXT

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose, I will change the code and go with the "If it has no BOM, simply load it as ansi".
I will upload the release this evening.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Hi Jose,

Attached is the WinFBE32 exe binary. I won't be able to compile the 64 bit until I get home later today.
I removed everything related to the UTF-8 encoding (if no BOM is present).

(Edit: All files 32/64 bit uploaded to GitHub and v1.3.2 released)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software