PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vlist- A Virtual List for FreeBasic  (Read 80 times)

James Klutho

• FireFly3 Registered User
  • Senior FireFly Member
  • Petroleum Software Solutions
Vlist- A Virtual List for FreeBasic
« on: August 05, 2017, 10:35:53 PM »

This is a port of Borje Hagsten PBVlist to Freebasic.  I love this little control for the program simplicity.  You attach an array of strings and it is part of a list box.  It complies to both 32 and 64 bits and can use dynamic ANSI string or fixed length wide strings.  I use this control in my apps all the time.  It is in the form of an include file like GRD and EZP.  I stayed away from dynamic wide strings here to keep this straight forward.  Hopefully it is clear how to switch between ANSI and Unicode.

I plan to expand this control to make a virtual tree control (like I have done in Powerbasic).  The windows tree control bogs down after about 10,000 items which is not enough room for me.

The only thing I have left to due (besides the tree control) before rewriting my petroleum app in FreeBasic is to write a wrapper to toggle between Jose's SQlite and ODBC classes.  The SQlite is for local databases and the ODBC is for multi-user heavy iron server databases.  My hope is that with disciplined queries I can seamlessly toggle which between the two.  We will see.

I plan to use Jose's framework for my app.  Thank you again Jose.

TechSupport

• Administrator
  • Master FireFly Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: Vlist- A Virtual List for FreeBasic
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:17:15 AM »

Thanks Jim...and it's great to see you back into programming again  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
FireFly Visual Designer, WinFBE Editor