• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 1.5.2 on GitHub (September 4, 2017)

Started by Paul Squires, September 04, 2017, 07:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Version 1.5.2 (September 4, 2017)
- Added: Import theme from external disk file (unicode or ansi).
- Added: Able to set Bold, Italic, Underline fonts for code editor elements: Text, Comments, Keywords, Line numbers, Operators, Preprocessor, and Strings.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

I think that I have found the solution to only have a copy of the framework that also could be placed anywhere. This will require a change in the WinFBE editor:

The "Compiler Setup" will require the addition of a new entry to set the path of the framework (by default, if the user does not change it, it will be <drive:><\editor folder>\src") and the editor will pass it to the compiler using the -i option. I have tried it adding "-i C:\Users\Pepe\WinFBE\src" to the "Additional compiler switches" and it works. This will allow to compile the examples using the Afx folder used by the editor (if the user unzips the "src" folder) without having to download and install the framework separately, making the process very beginner's friendly.

There is still the problem of the broken "windowsx.bi" file. If we modify AfxCtl.inc to include "windowsxx.bi" instead of "windosx.bi" it works, but if "windowsx.bi" is also included directly or indirectly, there will be conflicts. Maybe we can take the risk.

Paul Squires

Hi Jose, yes I can certainly do that. i will try to add it now and get the EXE's uploaded to GitHub so you can test it before I create a release package for it. Give me a couple of hours.....
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Hi Jose, new files uploaded to GitHub. You will need to download the EXE's and the language files.

I tried it, and it seems to work okay. Please let me know if it works okay for you as well.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Hi Paul,

Works with single files, but not with projects. Maybe you have forgot to pass the -i<path> when compiling a project?

José Roca

My mistake. But it fails with the first sample project that I have tried, DShow_PlayClip. I have to investigate why.

José Roca

Will have to check all the sample projects. I will have to create new .wfbe files. The one that fails has these contents:

' WINFBE PROJECT FILE
ProjectBuild={2E731200-DA0D-4067-BD1D-3B7E27C32D96}
ProjectOther32=
ProjectOther64=
ProjectCommandLine=
ActiveTab= 0
File=..\..\..\FreeBasic32\inc\win\windowsx.bi
FileType= 3
TabIndex=-1
Bookmarks=
FirstLine= 7
Position= 649
FileEnd=[-]
File=.\DShow_PlayClip.bas
FileType= 1
TabIndex= 0
FileEnd=[-]
File=.\Resource.rc
FileType= 4
TabIndex= 0
FileEnd=[-]
File=..\..\..\FreeBasic64\inc\disphelper\disphelper.bi
FileType= 3
TabIndex= 0
FileEnd=[-]

[Notes]
NOTES-START

NOTES-END

Don't know how
File=..\..\..\FreeBasic32\inc\win\windowsx.bi
and
File=..\..\..\FreeBasic64\inc\disphelper\disphelper.bi
have ended into it.

José Roca

Well the problem is that that project includes dshow.bi and that .bi file includes windowsx.bi. That is what I was afraid of. Maybe we have to add dshowx.bi besides windowsxx.bi?

José Roca

The only thing that we can do is to remove that project from the sample projects and pray that nobody will try to use dshow.bi.

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose, I am hoping that by the time I am ready to release a WinFBE/WinFBX/FBC full package, that I will be able to include FB 1.06 which has the correct include file changes.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

IMPORTANT

In your modified AfxCtl.inc file you have:

#include once "win/windowsxx.bi"

it should be

#include once "Afx/windowsxx.bi"

or it won't work if the user does not copy windowsxx.bi in the "win" folder.

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose, I will upload a new package tonight with the changes.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software