• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

asciichart (ASCII charts, WinFBE User Tool)

Started by Paul Squires, August 18, 2017, 06:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

This is a very simple ASCII chart program that basically displays two PNG images (using Jose's CImageCtx control). You simply click on the image to cycle between the images. The images are stored in the resource file so you don't need to have the actual image disk files with the exe.

Pressing ESC will close the dialog (as does, of course, clicking on the "X" close button).

Attachment has full source code as well as 32 and 64 bit compiled EXE's.

I have this program set up as a User Tool in WinFBE using Ctrl+1 as the hot key accelerator.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

Works fine in my computer.

If you want easy access to a more advanced tool, Insert a new entry with the name Charmap and use this path: C:\windows\system32\charmap.exe

Bruce Huber

Jose, I like Charmap for grabbing a copy of the character I want, but I also really like a chart with all of the numeric base values of the ASCII characters for when I need to know the values of the characters instead - so I set up both as tools.

But Paul, I'm not in love with your choice of images... you might want to use the images I attached instead.  And, if so, you would probably want to make your window larger also.

//=============================================================================
// Generic project resource file

//IMAGE_CHART1 RCDATA "ASCIIFULL.PNG"
//IMAGE_CHART2 RCDATA "ASCIIEXTEND.PNG"

IMAGE_CHART1 RCDATA "ASCII_000-127.png"
IMAGE_CHART2 RCDATA "ASCII_extended.PNG"

// Manifest
1 24 ".\manifest.xml"