• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Excel & Print in New visual designer

Started by Petrus Vorster, December 27, 2017, 03:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrus Vorster

Hi All

I am anxiously awaiting the first release of Paul's new visual designer.

Two things i would need is the Excel functions i am using in the .sll for Powerbasic.
The other is the xprint functions of Powerbasic which makes printing as simple as 123.

Being a hobbyist with a tough day job and little time at night, my mind is too tired to try and figure out complex functions.
I like the simplicity it provides.

Would the excel function work in Freebasic and would there be extended print functions like Xprint or something in that line?

Thanks for the work you guys are putting into this! I cannot wait!!
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

Hi Peter,

I can certainly port that xmlExcel code over to FreeBasic. Hopefully make improvements during the conversion :)
I also agree that a great class for FB would be one that emulates XPrint or something similar. Printing in Windows is a pain and a class would certainly make it easier. I have created a class (called WinXPrint) but it is pretty rough and needs more loving before it can be considered good enough.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Klaas Holland

Hi Paul and Petrus,

I work with (a little modified) version of Paul's WinXPrint and a couple of Functions to make this possible:

'              .XPrint (24, PUsing ("     LevDatum   Aantal   Artikel                        AantalKg     Prijs      Bedrag " ))
            .XPrint (Regel, PUsing ("     \      \   ######   \                            \ ########  #####.##   ######.## ", _
                                          OT.Datum, RT.Aantal, Art.Omschr,         RT.AantalKg, DStr(RT.FPrijs), DStr(Bedrag) ))

In Free Basic there are some nice printing options and a restriction that you have to know.

When anyone has interest I will show you how it works.