• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 1.5.7 (test version)

Started by Paul Squires, January 16, 2018, 07:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymw

Hi Paul, link  says .....test3, but it can't be found on server (404)

changing the 3 to 4 gets it.

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

raymw

not sure if it's meant to be, but the 'tool tips' or hints are truncated. e.g. Boolean, Byte, Double etc. I guess you've grabbed the first line from the help file/wherever. Just looks a bit odd. Also when you backspace or otherwise delete a basic word, the autocompletes are not always available. It seems you have to type a space to get the list - mouse position on its own means you have  to type whole word.

Paul Squires

Thanks, I will look at the tooltip today and format it to multiple lines. I will also look to see if I can somehow activate the autocomplete based on the scenario you describe.. Normally it is by typing a space like you've noticed.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

Thanks Paul, not a deal breaker, just something to get used to. Maybe, instead of the 'tooltips' it would take up less real estate, to click on the keyword (string, boolean, whatever,) if needed and then show the fuller help for that word. I'm using the winfbe editor at the moment, and I like it - a lot. Gives very neat code, easier to read compared to what I would generate in a more normal text editor. Is it possible to include any debugging commands, (or maybe I've not found them) e.g. trace, breakpoints, variable values? If not, then I could write some simple functions to include in my code to print to the console, to get the same result. It would be nice if programmatically I could get at your line numbers.

SeaVipe

Thank you, Paul.
Minor detail: I can't get WinFBE to change font to Dina 10 (or many other non-proportional/fixed-width fonts). Courier New 10 works but is not my first choice with the BG set to black. I've missed a setting somewhere...

Update (WinFBE 1.6.8):
Still having a problem with fonts. The only fixed-width font that displays properly on my Windows 10 machine is Courier New. Setting up on a different machine to compare and will update this post with results.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Quote from: raymw on January 24, 2018, 11:12:26 AM
Thanks Paul, not a deal breaker, just something to get used to. Maybe, instead of the 'tooltips' it would take up less real estate, to click on the keyword (string, boolean, whatever,) if needed and then show the fuller help for that word.
I have fixed most of this. Need time tomorrow to work with it to ensure that it works the way it should before I upload the new exe for you guys.
QuoteIs it possible to include any debugging commands, (or maybe I've not found them) e.g. trace, breakpoints, variable values?
Maybe include FBDebugger some time down the road. To debug, I normally set the BUILD to include CONSOLE and the use PRINT statements to test variables at various points in the code.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on January 24, 2018, 01:23:37 PM
Thank you, Paul.
Minor detail: I can't get WinFBE to change font to Dina 10 (or many other non-proportional/fixed-width fonts). Courier New 10 works but is not my first choice with the BG set to black. I've missed a setting somewhere...
Hmmm... I don't seem to have any trouble changing fonts in the editor. I searched for Dina font and found lots of them in the google search. Let me know what link to download the version that you are using and I will install it and test.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

For debugging, I prefer to use DebugView, sending strings to it with OutputDebugString.

SeaVipe

Hmmm... I don't seem to have any trouble changing fonts in the editor. I searched for Dina font and found lots of them in the google search. Let me know what link to download the version that you are using and I will install it and test.

Actually it's almost any font, not just Dina. The attached are from my Win 7 machine.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks for the download. I haven't installed them yet because I noticed that they are .fon files. Isn't that the very old Windows 3 style font format? I think so. I believe that Windows uses true type fonts, .TTF right?
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

Quote from: Jose Roca on January 24, 2018, 08:27:48 PM
For debugging, I prefer to use DebugView, sending strings to it with OutputDebugString.
Thanks, Jose. Wish I knew how to use it. In win10, the help file is not working, and I can't find on-line any basic instructions as to setting it up, using it.

SeaVipe

Quote from: Paul Squires on January 24, 2018, 10:53:08 PM
Thanks for the download. I haven't installed them yet because I noticed that they are .fon files. Isn't that the very old Windows 3 style font format? I think so. I believe that Windows uses true type fonts, .TTF right?
Yes, I believe so. The Dina.fon works perfectly on FF and JellyFB and VB6 IDE and NPad++ and most other programs. Maybe I need new glasses!
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Over the past two day I ran into computer problems on my development machine. All fixed now so I will try to get out a new WinFBE test version as soon as possible.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

First post updated with Test#5 link.
I have a new laptop scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. My current machine has been acting up too much. Time for a new toy. :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software