PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.7.4 (August 12, 2018)  (Read 159 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 1.7.4 (August 12, 2018)
« on: August 12, 2018, 05:10:18 PM »

Version 1.7.4 (August 12, 2018)
- Added: Loading of WinAPI codetips (\settings\codetips_winapi.ini).
- Changed: Removed Bookmark color and WinAPI Keywords color. Basic themes will automatically be updated. USER DEFINED THEMES WILL NEED TO BE MANUALLY UPDATED. Sorry.
- Changed: More specific error message for type of Help file not found.
- Changed: Replaced FB's COMMAND with unicode aware replacement AfxCommand.
- Changed: Commented out Scintilla code for SCI_SETFONTQUALITY and SCI_SETTECHNOLOGY to see if it helps in displaying older *.fon bitmap font files.
- Fixed: User Tool problem assigning accelerator key
- Fixed: "Save Declares File" menu option was not outputting SUB declarations (only FUNCTIONS).
- Fixed: AutoInsert inserting "End Function" and/or "End Sub" in situations when it should not.
- Fixed: Calltips disappearing after typing characters past the opening "(" that triggered the codetip.
- Fixed: Corrected triggers for Autocomplete popups.
- Fixed: Button TextAlign property not having effect at runtime.
- Fixed: Locked property causing compile time error (property still not implemented yet however).
- Fixed: Form Resize event was not firing after the Load event.
- Fixed: Greatly speed up the Replace All for large documents with many phrases to be replaced.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
FireFly Visual Designer, WinFBE Editor

SeaVipe

• FireFly3 User
  • Windows 10
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.7.4 (August 12, 2018)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:32:26 PM »

Thanks, Paul!

A quick look in order....
(WinFBE 64)

- Codetips. In a listbox event, typing "sender." does not do anything (all other control types popup a sender. list). "e." EventArgs works properly in ListBox event. I tested all Events as per the Events checklist (IE I checked everything and typed in "sender." in each event.
How do I enable WinAPI codetips? Is there a way to force CodeTips as in VB's CTRL/Spacebar?

- Bookmark colour and border is just fine.
- Yea! dina.fon works.
- User Tools works properly.
- AutoInsert is still adding End Sub or End Function when the cursor is placed at the end of an existing Sub or Function and the Enter key is pressed. With the exception of the top-most Sub in a module (not so with the top-most Function), when pressing the Enter key of this module the result is simply a new line under the Sub x().
- Is it by design that the full name of the control pops up AutoComplete? Should I have to type btnExit. or frmMain.btnExit. to get AutoComplete? (The module being edited notwithstanding)
- Button TextAlign places text where it should be, nice.
- All controls, the property "Locked = True" no longer causes a compiler error on my machine.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »

I think I finally fixed the AutoInsert for End Function. I was not properly testing for FUNCTION = appearing on a line.

I have now implemented Form level Locking and the Locking property for all controls. Seems to work well..

Will be in the next update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:41:48 AM »

...I've been quiet over the past week but I have been very busy programming. I added the new control OptionButton but when doing so I realized that the keyboard handling code for the underlying WinFormsX library was inadequate. I totally refactored the code that deals with the message pump, keyboard, and modal and modeless dialogs. It is so much better that it even put a smile on my face. :)

I am now working on a Frame control, so when that is completed then I will upload a new WinFBE update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software