• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 1.4.7 on GitHub (August 23, 2017)

Started by Paul Squires, August 23, 2017, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Version 1.4.7 (August 23, 2017)
- Changed: Replaced FB's OPEN PIPE with WinAPI in order to prevent console window on screen during compiling.

Version 1.4.6 (August 23, 2017)
- Changed: "Save Declares File" now defaults to *.bi file extension rather than *.bas.
- Changed: Converted compiling process from batch file to Pipe in order to better handle international languages.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

Why opens an additional console, that closes before the program is run, even when you compile it as GUI?

Paul Squires

That must be because of FB's OPEN PIPE command. I am noticing that now. Strange that I didn't notice earlier today that shell window open when compiling. I will switch the code over to my WinAPI version of OPEN PIPE and see if the shell window pops up also. I will post new package hopefully tonight.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Looks like FB's OPEN PIPE command displays a console window which is annoying when compiling. I have re-coded the OPEN PIPE functionality using pure WinAPI and set the CreateProcess creation flag to CREATE_NO_WINDOW in order to hide the window. It seems to work well.

Once I know it is working then I will clean up the compile source code file by removing all of the old code that used the batch file approach as well as the code of the FB version of OPEN PIPE.

Version 1.4.7 (August 23, 2017)
- Changed: Replaced FB's OPEN PIPE with WinAPI in order to prevent console window on screen during compiling.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Quote from: TechSupport on August 23, 2017, 07:42:14 PM
That must be because of FB's OPEN PIPE command. I am noticing that now. Strange that I didn't notice earlier today that shell window open when compiling. I will switch the code over to my WinAPI version of OPEN PIPE and see if the shell window pops up also. I will post new package hopefully tonight.

Works fine now. Thanks very much.

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose, on the FB forum post it looks like I forgot to wrap the FBC path in quotes before creating the process and pipe. I need to look at that and fix it.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software