• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE - ComboBox

Started by SeaVipe, January 11, 2021, 06:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, ComboBox: Some Events are working but some Events appear to be behaving differently than expected and still some events don't work at all.
.Simple
MOUSEMOVE only works a few times when the mouse pointer first enters the control then no mouse movement is detected until the mouse pointer leaves the control and reenters.
MOUSELEAVE Follows MOUSEENTER, MOUSEMOVE (all 3 at once).
TEXTCHANGED works
.DropDown
Upon mouse entering the text portion: MOUSEMOVE, MOUSEENTER, MOUSEMOVE, MOUSELEAVE (all together)
Upon mouse leaving the text portion: MOUSEENTER, MOUSEMOVE, MOUSEMOVE, MOUSELEAVE (all together)
If the mouse enters on the dropdown arrow then the MOUSEMOVE event fires repeatedly until the pointer moves off of the arrow and onto the Item, to be expected.
DROPDOWN, DROPDOWNCLOSED, CLICK work as expected.
Every now and then GOTFOCUS fires but I can't figure out what is causing it.
LOSTFOCUS only fires immediately following GOTFOCUS.
TEXTCHANGED works

No Mouse button Events (Up/Down et cetera) and no Key Events.

This all stemmed from my trying to create a ComboBox whose Items are loaded from a text file and that will accept a manually entered choice that is not a text file Item, save that new item to said text file for later use.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks Clive - I will check into all of these and try to get it all resolved.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

Working on this issue list now. A combobox can be composed of several sub windows depending on the type of combobox that it is (eg. could have an embedded edit control). I will try to devise a strategy for this. I will also look at how Visual Studio handles messages for this control.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer