• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Sad news

Started by Martin Francom, February 04, 2014, 06:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Francom

Paul,  I am sad to hear you say this;  "PlanetSquires terminating PowerBASIC 3rd Party Development"   I don't quite understand why you feel you need to go this far.  I suppose if PowerBasic is no longer selling the compile then market for new sales of FireFly would be quite limited.  It always boils down to money, cost/benefit calculatiions.   

I would have preferred you go to an annual licensing fee module for FireFly.  This way you would have some money coming in to justify continued development and support of FireFly.  I would certainly be willing to pay a reasonable annual license fee to keep FireFly alive an well.  I think there would be enough FireFly users that feel the same way.   But maybe not... I don't know.  Why don't you start a poll and see if there is enough support from the FireFly user base to keep it alive?

Even if PB10 is no longer for sale it is still a very good compiler with a large number of users.  I think FireFly is missing out on many years of profit.   What would be nice is if Vivian (or who ever owns PowerBasic)  would allow you to sell the PB10 compiler allow with FireFly (you of coarse paying them a Royalty on each PB10 sale). 

Long Live FireFly ! 

Brice Manuel

He made a post that he will keep selling it, just not promising to expand it.

Michael Stefanik

Mike Stefanik
sockettools.com