• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE on GitHub

Started by Paul Squires, June 25, 2016, 04:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

José Roca

... but with SELECT CASE.

José Roca

The editor crashes if I try to load shobjidl.bi in it. Must be a parsing problem.

Marc Pons

Hi Paul,

I've finally tested your very nice editor...
Great Job
I wanted to get it in French, so here my translation as I understood the process

I've noticed few points   

00122:Show left margin   for me it would be >   Show marging Bookmarks
00127:Tab Size:       i don't understand why the ':'  or  that textbox not well positionned  ( and for french  'Taille de tabulation'   does not fit)

Paul Squires

Excellent - thanks Marc, really appreciate the French translation. I am adding it to the distribution.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

ChrisC

Hello Paul

i have downloaded your latest WinFBE suite dated Jul 22 2018

and when i execute the WinFBE64.exe  --> i got the error message  "WinFBE has stopped working "

ChrisC

how to resolve this issue?

same thing also happen to the winFBE32.exe ?

raymw

Hi Chris, there is a later version, (dated 25th July) on github. some had problems with the earlier version http://www.planetsquires.com/protect/forum/index.php?topic=4178.0

Paul Squires

I will upload a new complete package either tonight (July 27) or tomorrow. Just need to re-engineer the prepares codetips in order to avoid that GPF issue users have been experiencing. In the meantime, simply edit the WinFBE.ini and set codetips = 0
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

ChrisC

thanks all
downloaded the Jul 25 and set codetips=0  and now it is working

raymw

Hi Paul, can you put in a txt list of properties you've listed, but not yet implemented for the various designer tools e.g. button textmargin (and I think you need property for button backcolordown.

added - also in edit, selection of copy,cut, paste not working, although cntrl c etc ok.

ChrisC

thanks Paul

Your WinFBX is absolutely awesome, hope that you can come up with a similar IDE for Oxygenbasic

the combination of WinFBE and WinFBX is the best combination for FB development in windows environment

ChrisC

Maybe add more information on your tooltips for the icon bar

for example  at the Top left button on the icon bar  --> set the tooltips  as  Create  New file using templates (Ctr + N )
                                                                      instead of just  New (Ctr + N )

this is especially true if the user is a beginner like myself

raymw

There seems to be something odd with the right mouse button. The copy/paste/etc menu worked earlier today, then I copied some code from notepad, and could not paste using mouse. this was in winfbe32. I opened winfbe64 and right button menu worked fine in there.  I restarted fbe32, still not working, rebooted machine, still not working in winfbe32, but ok in winfbe64.. This is in the so-called operating system known as windows10. This morning, the shortcuts to winfbe had disappeared, and the programs would not run, as in earlier version. I opened the ini file, and it was empty!. In the past, windows updates have removed shortcuts and other stuff, but I don't think that is what has happened in this case. Is there an ini or other setting for the mouse right button?

Paul Squires

Hi Ray, that was an error in the code. I have it fixed now. Thanks for pointing out the problem.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

I have installed the latest WinFBE suite and tried the visual designer, but when I drag and drop one control, nothing happens and the selection goes to "Pointer".