• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

ZeeGrid a new and free grid available for PowerBASIC and Firefly users

Started by Jean-pierre Leroy, April 04, 2016, 06:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-pierre Leroy

ZeeGrid has been made by David Hillard and is completely free.

The DDL and the C header (ZeeGrid.h) are available on his web site :

http://www.kycsepp.com

For those of you that would like to test ZeeGrid with PowerBASIC and/or FireFly you will find below ZeeGrid.inc (my translation of the ZeeGrid.h); I hope there is no error.

I will try to create a .ctl file in order to have it fully integrated within FireFly.

Regards,
Jean-Pierre

PS: the ZeeGrid.inc has been updating; thanks to Jose.

Eddy Van Esch

Thanks for letting us know and for your .inc file, Jean-Pierre.
Too bad there is not (yet) a complete documentation of all the Messages/Commands.

Kind regards
Eddy
Eddy

Petrus Vorster

Sounds very cool indeed. If someone has a few screenshots of this in action it would be very nice indeed if one can have a visual idea of what this looks like!
People creating cool controls for both Powerbasic and Firefly are great to have around for those of us who cant make them ourselves!
-Regards
Peter

José Roca

The translation of the ZGNOTIFYSTRUCT structure is incorrect. It must be:

' // Size = 28 bytes
Type ZGNOTIFYSTRUCT DWORD
ZGHeader  As NMHDR
ZGControl As Byte
ZGShift   As Byte
ZGAlt     As Byte
ZGvKey    As Long
End Type

Jean-pierre Leroy

Thank you Jose.

I've just uploaded a corrected version of ZeeGrid.inc

Regards,
Jean-Pierre

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: Eddy Van Esch on April 04, 2016, 06:24:52 AM
Thanks for letting us know and for your .inc file, Jean-Pierre.
Too bad there is not (yet) a complete documentation of all the Messages/Commands.

Kind regards
Eddy
Eddy, for your information David Hillard has just published complete documentation about ZeeGrid's messages and notifications.

http://www.kycsepp.com/ZeeGrid_Docs/ZeeGrid_index.html

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: Petrus Vorster on April 04, 2016, 07:05:16 AM
Sounds very cool indeed. If someone has a few screenshots of this in action it would be very nice indeed if one can have a visual idea of what this looks like!
People creating cool controls for both Powerbasic and Firefly are great to have around for those of us who cant make them ourselves!

Petrus, for your information I've translated into PowerBASIC DDT code a C demo that David Hillard sent me.

The PowerBASIC DDT code is here:

http://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/user-to-user-discussions/third-party-addons/29100-zeegrid-any-experience?p=747001#post747001

I will prepare a PowerBASIC SDK demo as well as a FireFly demo

Paul Squires

Thanks Jean-Pierre,

I am going to work on a FreeBasic version as well. Nice to have another option for Grid controls. Maybe this grid will allow me not to have to finish the one that I started to create.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

Paul Squires

Yes, it may very well be only 32-bit. It appears that Jean-Pierre has been in contact with the author. I wonder if the author will also compile the source for 64-bit.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Attached is a simple FreeBasic FireFly project showing a demo of the grid.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Jean-pierre Leroy

@Paul
Thank you for the demo with FreeBASIC

@Jose, @Paul
I've just sent an email to David Hillard asking him if he can compile a 64 bits version of ZeeGrid.DLL.

Jean-pierre Leroy

@Paul,

I saw this line of code in the FreeBASIC demo:

SendMessage hWndControl, ZGM_SETCELLTEXT, 1, Cast(LPARAM, @("First" & Chr(13) & "Column"))

How do you translate this line of code in PowerBASIC (my question is on the Cast operator) ?

José Roca

> How do you translate this line of code in PowerBASIC (my question is on the Cast operator) ?

You can't. You have to fill a variable and pass the address of the string text (VARPTR for ASCIIZ, STRPTR for STRING)

José Roca

Sorry, but I'm not going to use it. I have made a test and isn't adequate for High DPI applications.