• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

IDE Critter?

Started by michael puckett, April 03, 2004, 10:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael puckett

I've gone through this a few times to make sure it wasn't an abberation ...

Open the MDI sample ( ..\Samples\MDI\Project1.prj )

(1) Select the "MDI Form" Tab (at the top of the IDE).

(2) Select the "Code Editor" tab (at the bottom of the IDE).

(3) From the pulldown list at the top (left side) of the IDE where you can select:

(General)
  MDI Client
  MDI Form

Select "MDI Client"

*KaBoom*

The IDE vanishes, leaving nary a crumb!

TechSupport

Ugh! Right you are (cool graphic as well)  :)

Thanks for the report.

michael puckett

Wow, fast response Paul!

BTW, I hit [post] too quick in my original message; I wanted to add:

What an excellent collection of bits you have put together! Kudos on a thoughtfully designed and well executed product.

There may be a little polish to apply here and there; not to worry, it does not detract from the fine product it is!

Cheers :)

PS: Get some rest.

Mark Strickland

Michael,

ho did you cut the border of the image?
I wanted to do the same. I did by hand but the result was not good as your. Is there an application for it?

Thanks
Eros
Mark Strickland, CISSP, CEH
www.SimplyBASICsoftware.com

michael puckett

Quote from: "Eros Olmi"Michael,

ho did you cut the border of the image?
I wanted to do the same. I did by hand but the result was not good as your. Is there an application for it?

Thanks
Eros
I used PaintShoPro, using the following settings for the selection tool to give it a softened edge:

I selected what I wanted to keep, inversed the selection and deleted everything but what you see. Afterwards I  added the shadow, faked a background color similar to what appears here (so it would blend nice) and added the "kaboom" :)

TechSupport

michael puckett

Great news Paul, thank you for your diligence and commitment.

PS: Don't burn yourself out :shock:, you're needed for the long haul :)

Scott Wolfington

Hey Michael,

Very nice PSP work.  Sorry to ask this, but how did you create the shadow?  PSP, IMHO, is way better/easier to use than Photoshop.  Thanks!

Scott

michael puckett

Quote from: "Scott Wolfington"Hey Michael,
Very nice PSP work.  Sorry to ask this, but how did you create the shadow?  PSP, IMHO, is way better/easier to use than Photoshop.  Thanks!
Scott
Thank you for the compliment Scott.

I agree, PSP is more intuitive than PS, and I do have PS + PS Elements, so I'm not just making wild assertions. PS does win in the professional output department. A cartoonist friend of mine, even thought likes PSP, uses Elements for all his initial works, then, if sending to a professional printing service, will frequently use PS greater for the latter stages (if I understandf his workflow correctly).

Anyway, to answer your question ...

Select the area you wish to give depth, then ...

|PullDown Menus
|    ->Effects
|        -> 3D Effects
|            -> Drop Shadow ...

I typically use offsets of 3 to 5, an opacity of 90 and a blur of 5, using a shadow color of dark grey, though these values are largely dependent upon what your image will ultimately be hovering above.

I would have posted another screen grab to show said settings but I don't want to start posting images gratuitously (as much as I prefer images to text where applicable).

Thanks again and cheers.

Michael

Scott Wolfington

Great.  Thanks Michael!  :)  -Scott