• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 1.4.1 on GitHub (August 3, 2017)

Started by Paul Squires, August 02, 2017, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

This is a pretty major update to the editor especially with the new build configuration system. Please try it out and post your comments below. I will fix any issues and then make a post over on the FreeBasic site that v1.4.0 is available.

- Added: Major change. New Build Configuration system.
- Added: Quick Run (added to Compile menu and Toolbar).
- Added: Option (Environment Options :: General Options) for "Ask before exiting the editor".
- Added: Check added to catch whether a loaded file has been *deleted* by something external. Message now displays asking whether to keep file open or close it.
- Change: The "Run Executable" functionality now runs the currently active source code file should the EXE exist. Previously would always run the most recently executed exe.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

When clicking Delete configuration, I would ask if I'm sure? Too easy to click the button by accident.

José Roca

After selecting a different configuration, the change it's not immediately displayed in the status bar.

José Roca

Weird. Sometimes, when I click F5 to compile, instead of compiling it activates the Explorer window.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on August 02, 2017, 06:35:13 PM
After selecting a different configuration, the change it's not immediately displayed in the status bar.
Thanks! Done. Easily fixed. Will be in next upload.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on August 02, 2017, 06:26:16 PM
When clicking Delete configuration, I would ask if I'm sure? Too easy to click the button by accident.

Done. Change will be in the next upload.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on August 02, 2017, 06:53:10 PM
Weird. Sometimes, when I click F5 to compile, instead of compiling it activates the Explorer window.
Hmmm... can't say that I've ever experienced that. F9 would activate the Explorer window. I just checked the code and everything seems to be mapped to the correct places.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

New EXE's uploaded to GitHub. You would also need to download the .lang language files because I added a string for the "confirm delete build configuration".
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Quote from: TechSupport on August 02, 2017, 07:24:25 PM
Hmmm... can't say that I've ever experienced that. F9 would activate the Explorer window. I just checked the code and everything seems to be mapped to the correct places.

I don't mean the explorer of the editor, but Windows Explorer.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on August 02, 2017, 07:35:26 PM

Well, that seems even weirder!  :)  ;)  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Just some points to consider:

You will notice that if you load multiple source files into the editor (not in a project), that you can designate a different build configuration for each one.

Also, in the Build Configuration dialog you can set one (or none) build to be the "default". If a default build is selected then any file loaded into the editor will use that default build. If no default is specified then the file being opened will use whatever build happens to be selected at that time. Projects save whatever build is assigned to them.

The builds are each assigned a GUID string when they are created. This allows you to add new builds, delete builds, move builds around, and the loaded editor files will always reference the correct build. It does not rely on the listbox index of the build.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Quote from: TechSupport on August 02, 2017, 07:54:04 PM
Quote from: Jose Roca on August 02, 2017, 07:35:26 PM

Well, that seems even weirder!  :)  ;)  :)

It has happened to me several times, but can't repeat it at will. I'm working in a new class, and I run the test code many times, sometimes letting the editor to save the changes before compiling and sometimes saving it before compiling, just to see if not saving the code had something to do with iy, but it has happened to me in both cases.

José Roca

Always activates Windows Explorer with the My Documents folder selected.

Paul Squires

I have been scouring Google trying to find some reference to Explorer getting invoked by F5..... haven't found anything. Every article just talks about F5 as invoking a refresh. I wonder do you have any programs in the background that may be stealing focus from the editor just before you press F5 to compile. I think you have have stumbled onto one of the great mysteries of the universe :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

No, I don't, and it only has happened when using this last version.