• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE new code on GitHub

Started by Paul Squires, June 26, 2016, 09:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

The new code should be in Git now. Please let me know if experience any issues.  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on June 27, 2016, 07:56:38 PM
In clsConfig.LoadFromFile you are passing default.lang as the name of the language file, but default.lang does not exist.

Then you are calling LoadLocalizationFile( Exepath & "\" & this.LocalizationFile ) and returning FUNCTION = 0, when it should be:

FUNCTION = LoadLocalizationFile( Exepath & "\" & this.LocalizationFile )

and in WinMain you should check the success or failure of loading the localization file.

' Load configuration file
IF gConfig.LoadFromFile() = FALSE THEN RETURN FALSE

It is GPFing because loading the localization file is failing and then the program is trying to access a non dimensioned array.

I think you might be using old code? I am pretty sure that I changed the default value for the this.LocalizationFile equal to "english.lang".

I will double check the returning TRUE logic and add it based on your suggestion. Thanks Jose
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

I am changing a little bit of code related to the selection of the localization file. I am also going to add an error message should the language files be missing and then abort loading the application.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Okay Jose, the new code is on GitHub now. I moved the loading of the language file to WinMain and am aborting the application should the language file not be found or loads incorrectly.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Modified español.lang file.

José Roca

In UpdateMRUMenu you're using WStr("(Empty)") instead of L(11,"(Empty)").

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose, I have fixed the "Empty" problem and added the updated Spanish file. I have also corrected a problem in the UpdateMRUList code where I was not converting the "{CURDRIVE}" parameter to the current drive letter before comparing filenames in the current MRU list to see if it already existed.

All code is now in GitHub.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

AndAlso is not highlighted as a keyword.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on June 27, 2016, 10:14:46 PM
AndAlso is not highlighted as a keyword.

Yes, there are a few keywords like that. OrElse is another one.
I am hoping to add a new option to the Environment Options window to allow the user to easily type in the FB keywords (rather than having to manually edit the text file).

I will start updating the keyword list as I notice them. I should have already updated the AndAlso, OrElse ones but simply forgot to do so.  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Modified the Spanish language file to fit the Find dialog controls.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on June 27, 2016, 10:24:39 PM
Modified the Spanish language file to fit the Find dialog controls.

Awesome! I was hoping that there existed shorter words!  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Well, "Find next" translates as "Buscar siguiente" or "Buscar siguiente ocurrencia", but it is too long for a button.

I made the first translation without knowing where it was going to be used. In the context of the find dialog, "Siguiente" fits the size of the button and its understandable.

Paul Squires

Question: Do you ever sleep?   :)
Isn't it like almost 4:00 AM in Spain right about now.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Like the Count Dracula, I go to sleep at dawn.

Paul Squires

Hahaha, awesome. :)
I am off to bed soon. It is about 11:30 PM here. I have to crawl myself into work in the morning. Hope to get more coding done tomorrow.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software