• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 1.3.0 on GitHub (March 24, 2017)

Started by Paul Squires, March 24, 2017, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Just uploaded a new release 1.3.0. Way too many internal changes to list so the change log is pretty generic.
https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Version 1.3.0 (March 24, 2017)
- Changed: Major internal changes. Project management; multiple projects. Too many changes to list.
- Changed: New Find/Replace functionality. Much more like that found in code editors like VSCode.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Fredrikk

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the good news to all us FB coders: WinFBE. I’ve been using it for a couple of months already, and I’m very pleased indeed. But some changes in particular, from v1.2.4 to v1.3.0 made me slightly panicking (well, panicking).

Where’s the beautiful “Find in files”, the enormous “Replace with scope” (and let’s not forget the sweet “Find in all open documents”)? I’d be one happy man if you’d even consider putting back the “old” functions.

But, great work!
Fredrikk

Paul Squires

Hi Fredrikk, the Find in Files is still there. It has not been removed. Replace is still there also but the new functionality for both Find and/or Replace is to act on the current active document or, if applicable, the current active selected area. I removed the options for all open documents. Not sure if I will add the All Open Documents back in there because I did find trouble/bugs with it previously.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Fredrikk

James Klutho

I downloaded and have been working with WinFBE 1.3.0.  The Function List seems to have 2 copies of the functions/subs.  Is this to be expected or is this a bug?  It is different from 1.24, which works as I expect it.  Thanks.

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

James Klutho

James Klutho

Thanks for WinFBE 1.31.  It fixed the Function List problem.  Something else has cropped up.  If I forget to close the Find window before I execute the project code, bad things happen. The editor goes into convolutions.  I usually restart WinFBE when this occurs.

Thanks
Jim

Paul Squires

Hi Jim, I have having trouble recreating such behaviour here.
I did notice that if a word is highlighted in the code editor and you invoke Find dialog that the number of found matches is not displaying. that is now fixed and will be uploaded in next update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

James Klutho

I couldn't repeat my problem with the open Find dialog completely disabling WinFBE when executing code but the Find dialog does not redraw itself properly after quitting the execution of the code.  Also it appears that when adding new subs or functions, they will not appear on the Function List until the file is closed and then reopened.  A save command from the menu will properly align the existing Functions and line numbers but not add new subs or functions.

Thanks
Jim

Paul Squires

Thanks Jim, you're exactly right. I have applied two changes. (1) To fix the repaint issue with the Find/Replace dialog, and (2) To fix the newly added sub/functions not displaying in Function List when file is saved.

Thanks for letting me know about these problems. If you find more then please let me know.

You simply need to download the EXE's from GitHub for the changes.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

ganlinlao

hi,Thanks for WinFBE 1.31。WinFBE when entering Chinese, continue to enter the ENTER key to wrap, the program will appear to stop running。

We use Windows Notepad.exe to create a new blank Unicode file and save it, open with WinFBE, and WinFBE does not appear to display Unicode files correctly.

winFBE 1.3.1+ win8.1 32bit

Thanks
ganlinlao

Paul Squires

I tried to reproduce the problem. I used Notepad to create a file and saved it as "unicode". I then switched WinFBE option settings to rad/write files as utf-unicode. I could read the file but it was mostly ????? characters. I then created another text file using Notepad and saved it as UTF-8 in Notepad. I as then able to read and write to it with no problems in WinFBE.

You may need to ensure that you have selected the corrected codepage for displaying and entering your code. See attachment.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

The Scintilla control does not understand Windows unicode (UTF-16) files. It deals with unicode using UTF-8.