• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

GUIDgen (GUID Generator, WinFBE User Tool)

Started by Paul Squires, August 17, 2017, 08:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

GUIDgen is a very simple GUID generator that can easily be set up as a WinFBE User Tool.

Full source code, WinFBE project, and 32/64 bit exes are attached.
Simply generate the GUID and copy to the clipboard and paste into your source code.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

Excellent. Just to let you know that you have at least one user that tries what you do :)

A little suggestion (and I never get offended if my suggestions are discarded): If the user pastes a GUI in the first textbox, it could be transated to the TYPE format automatically. There are tons of GUIDs in headers using the first format and it's always a pain to translate them to the TYPE format.

Paul Squires

:D  hahaha, nice to know you try it as I also try to try your code (that's a lot of tries) Lol

I will make the paste/translate change tomorrow and upload a new version.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jose Roca on August 17, 2017, 10:09:49 PM
A little suggestion (and I never get offended if my suggestions are discarded): If the user pastes a GUI in the first textbox, it could be transated to the TYPE format automatically. There are tons of GUIDs in headers using the first format and it's always a pain to translate them to the TYPE format.
This addition/change has now been made. The original post has been updated and the new files attached.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

José Roca

Excellent. This will save me time in the long term because there are thousands of GUIDs available in the first format and it is always a pain to translate them to the TYPE format by hand. And, above all, it avoids mistakes.

Chris Maher

Just a note to you both to say thank you for all of your hard work.

I am mainly silent but constantly amazed by your selfless efforts.

I am sure there are many silent others who feel the same.

Chris.

Paul Squires

Thanks Chris that's very nice of you to say!

We are getting very close for PowerBasic users to being able to completely switch to FreeBasic and enjoy full 32 bit and 64 bit application development. Jose has most, if not all, of PB's functionality duplicated in the Afx framework.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Bruce Huber

THANKS for the GUIDgen tool, Paul! It can help with an idea I have for a new project.

Possible TOOLS request...
1. It would make more sense (to me) if you had a [Tools manager] option under the [Tools] menu - (which is the first place I look for it) - instead of under the [Options] menu.
2. Also, it might be nice if you made [Display this item in the editor menu] 'ON' by default - (since I've already made a dummy out of myself twice while trying to figure out why a tool I added didn't show up in the [tools] menu).  [grin]

Thanks again.
Bruce