• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFormsX

Started by Paul Squires, February 03, 2018, 10:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Hi Ray,

ENTER key would not be caught in the KeyPress event but rather the KeyDown or KeyUp event as per the following:

function Form1_Text1_KeyUp( byref sender as wfxTextBox, byref e as EventArgs ) as LRESULT
   ? "Text1 KeyUp: "; e.KeyCode     ' ENTER = 13
   function = 0
end function

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Peter Heffernan

As a hobbyist, I bought into FireFly and PowerBasic some years ago.

While now as a retired individual, but, still a programming hobbyist; I find the efforts of Paul, Jose and the FreeBasic community, absolutely astounding! Thank you ALL!

Is there a 'Donate' button somewhere that points towards these individuals/groups?

Paul Squires

Thanks Peter! That is very nice of you to say. :)

No need for donations but thanks for the thought though. Participating and using the software and tools is thanks enough.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

Hi Paul,
testing the form example, e.keychar does not return a character, (but keyup and keydown are detected), and keypress appears to not elicit any response. I've never needed to enter characters directly on a form, so I wonder why they are there.
Best wishes,

Ray

Paul Squires

Hi Ray, I'll probably re-work the way keys are captured so that all keys will be available through the KeyPress event rather than some through that event and others just throught KeyUp/KeyDown. The are situations where users want to intercept key presses for a Form - it was a feature in Visual Basic and now .Net and FireFly Visual Designer users asked for it as well.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

ganlinlao

hi paul:
   Does winformX stop developing? We still look forward to winfbe's visual interface designer

Paul Squires

Still working on it. Hope to have a workable visual designer soon for people to test.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Thanks, Paul! Much appreciated.
Clive Richey
Clive Richey