WinFBE v3.0.7 (January 1, 2023)

Started by Paul Squires, January 01, 2023, 12:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Download link:  https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Version 3.0.7 (January 1, 2023)
Editor:
- Fixed issue causing full Windows Desktop refresh that could cause flicker in other applications whenever the left mouse button pressed in WinFBE.

Visual Designer:
- Fixed bug loading Form Design files containing foreign characters (for example Chinese language).
- Fixed bug saving text to visual designer *.DESIGN json files that contain embedded single quote character.
- Fixed logic related to "Display on Form" checkbox for Menu, ToolBar and StatusBar editor dialogs.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on January 01, 2023, 09:38:24 PMLink not working...
Seems to be working for me when I click on it.

You could try going to the main WinFBE GitHub page and then clicking on the latest release.
https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Clive Richey

SeaVipe

Hi Paul,
With each new release, FBHelp requires that freebasic_manual.chm is run one time only from the WinFBE_Suite\Help folder. From then on, Help opens normally with Menu Help>FreeBasic Help or F1. Windows is looking for a trusted site or a certificate.
Clive Richey

Petrus Vorster

Greeting all, and a prosperous 2023 to you all.

Just to check, I downloaded the release on my work PC which still runs on Windows 7/64 bit.
(I did not yet downloaded at home on Windows 10)

Interestingly, some of the menu shortcuts from the designer menu's are gone.
The rest looks fine to me. The bad part is the HIGH DPI scaling setting you need to disable in WIN7 probably contributes to this.

Does not seem to affect compiling of form design.

Regards, Peter
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

Hi Peter,

Look to see if the "Consolas" font is installed on your Windows 7 computer. WinFBE uses that font (amongst others) for the arrow and checkmark icons.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Petrus Vorster

Hi Paul

The Consolas entire group / italics / bold etc were all installed.
I re-installed the entire font group again, but it has no effect.

This is however not something important. I just reported it when I saw it.

-Regards, Peter
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

Interesting. Thanks Peter. I'll have to investigate more as to why it doesn't work on Win7 with Consolas. Maybe the Consolas font was expanded more after Win7 to include the unicode character codes that I use for the arrows/checkmarks.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

I am installing Windows 7 in a virtual box and will do some testing. I am interested in understanding why the font doesn't display. I can then add code to fallback to a font that will display it on Windows 7.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Firstly, sorry, it is not Consolas that I use for symbols, but rather "Segue UI Symbol". That font does exist on Windows 7 but it look like the version of unicode characters that I need were only introduced in Unicode 7.0 (June 2014), long after Windows 7 was released.

Looks like I need to find the characters I need in an earlier version of Unicode.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Petrus Vorster

HI Paul

I installed version 5.0 of the font.
Works perfectly now.
The Segoe font family on windows 7 were 1.0.

Regards, Peter
-Regards
Peter

Petrus Vorster

Windows7 seem to have odd results.
At home on Windows 10 I do not have this problem.

If I upload a 48x48 Icon into the project the icons looks perfectly smooth and high definition in the Image selector, but once it is placed on the Button, the image is clearly choppy, with notable angles and a lower quality.

Also, is there a way one can add a TOP margin for an Icon on a button?

I am just reporting what i notice. I doubt Windows7 is still a big thing out there.

Regards, Peter
-Regards
Peter

Petrus Vorster

Ok. Found it.
You need to change the button to HIGHDPI =FALSE if you are going to run it in Windows 7.

Regards,
Peter
-Regards
Peter

SeaVipe

For those of us who don't wander too far from WinFBE and FB:
For now, I'm accessing Win32_fb.chm from inside WinFBE with 'User Tool' SHIFT/F1.
Command = C:\WinFBE_Help\win32_fb.chm.
Create a folder and copy into it the file win32_fb.chm.
SHIFT/F1 is not currently a predefined Keyboard Shortcut (well, I couldn't find one) so there shouldn't be any keyboard conflicts.
Clive Richey