PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 21 
 on: August 15, 2019, 10:05:23 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by Paul Squires
I was able to get the project to compile.

I changed the two instances of #include once "modColours.bas" to #include once "modColours.inc"

I then noticed that the two images listed in the Image Manager was missing. I deleted those images from the Image Manager and compiled and ran the program.

The program seems to run but it doesn't look like the main form is showing.... only some debug messages. I'll figure that out.

 22 
 on: August 15, 2019, 08:36:58 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by SeaVipe
You may have found the problem already!
I've been experimenting with extensions and types of files to see which works and which doesn't. I was planning to write myself a check list of extensions and so forth to aid in creating new projects.
Here are the 2 files you need.

 23 
 on: August 15, 2019, 08:24:27 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by Paul Squires
Could you post the *.wfbe project file for your project. Also, I cleaned up some hard code #include path names in your source but I am missing one of your files called "modColors.bas".

Also, be wary of naming your files with a *.bas extension. WinFBE will recognize those as modules (they automatically get added to the "Modules" branch in the Explorer) and compile them to *obj files. If you want to treat them as Include files then you should put them in the "Normal" branch and probably name them with an *.inc extension. Form files would still normally retain a *.bas extension and you should put them in the "Normal" branch."

 24 
 on: August 15, 2019, 08:03:06 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by SeaVipe
Hi Paul,
Here is my experimentation project which I've been using to test WinFBE releases. Pretty sure I got all the files. (doesn't include fbthread.bi)
Thanks for looking into this.

 25 
 on: August 15, 2019, 06:32:09 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by Paul Squires
Can you zip your project and post it here as an attachment??? (if there is nothing private in it). I'd like to see what results I get on my machine.

 26 
 on: August 15, 2019, 04:59:56 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by SeaVipe
Thanks, Paul,
I downloaded the latest gorc and compiled but I get the identical results.
I'll keep looking into it and note my findings here.

 27 
 on: August 15, 2019, 03:56:43 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by Paul Squires
I wonder maybe if it is somewhat related to this problem? https://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27716&p=262247
The latest GoRc resource compiler can be found at: http://www.godevtool.com/Gorcjorg.zip

 28 
 on: August 15, 2019, 03:08:17 PM 
Started by raymw - Last post by raymw
I've got it fixed now, date conversion, removal of jitter etc. Just need to decide on drawing pictures. In the meantime, I've gone retro, back 50 years or so when i was programming an IBM 1130 in fortran g (or h) or was it e/f? Anyway, there was 16k of core memory, and a £40,000 chain line printer (no fancy lower case back then, no 'glass teletypes'), so we'd print graphs/diagrams in ascii art on the stripey green paper.
Here's part of the temperature data from the console.


 29 
 on: August 15, 2019, 02:35:18 PM 
Started by SeaVipe - Last post by SeaVipe

Hi Paul,


From my test program (which has no practical purpose other than to test controls etc.), that has compiled and run successfully until release 1.9.n.


I've been getting the following error for quite some time now. Can't figure out what this error is:



"Failed Compile (Errors 1  Warnings 0  [2019-08-15 05:21:47])

Command Line:
C:\WinFBE_Suite\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\fbc64.exe -m "C:\SRC\BootTime\BootTime.bas" "C:\SRC\BootTime\TMPE06.rc" -v -g -exx -s console -w pedantic

FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.06.0 (02-17-2019), built for win64 (64bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2019 The FreeBASIC development team.
standalone
target:       win64, x86-64, 64bit
compiling:    C:\SRC\BootTime\BootTime.bas -o C:\SRC\BootTime\BootTime.c (main module)
compiling C:  C:\WinFBE_Suite\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\bin\win64\gcc.exe -m64 -march=x86-64 -S -nostdlib -nostdinc -Wall -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-main -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -O0 -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -fno-math-errno -fwrapv -fno-exceptions -fno-unwind-tables -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -g -masm=intel "C:\SRC\BootTime\BootTime.c" -o "C:\SRC\BootTime\BootTime.asm"
assembling:   C:\WinFBE_Suite\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\bin\win64\as.exe --64 "C:\SRC\BootTime\BootTime.asm" -o "C:\SRC\BootTime\BootTime.o"
compiling rc:               C:\WinFBE_Suite\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\bin\win64\GoRC.exe /ni /nw /o /machine X64 /fo "C:\SRC\BootTime\TMPE06.obj" "C:\SRC\BootTime\TMPE06.rc"
’žE"


I deleted the RC file and the manifest file prior to compiling. they both get recreated but the error is the same. The 3 chrs at the end are odd. Compiler Results tab is empty.

 30 
 on: August 15, 2019, 01:30:39 PM 
Started by raymw - Last post by raymw
cross posted, there, Paul. I'll probably find out if you've fixed it  ::)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10