• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE v3.0.0-BETA-2 (April 3, 2022)

Started by Paul Squires, April 03, 2022, 04:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Hi everyone,

Thank-you for all of the valuable feedback on the first beta.

Here is the download link for the second beta for WinFBE Version 3.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases/download/2.2.0/WinFBE_Suite3-BETA-2.zip

DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR PRODUCTION CODE UNLESS YOU HAVE FULLY BACKED UP YOUR PROJECTS. I SAY THIS BECAUSE I WOULD HATE FOR ANYTHING IN YOUR PROJECTS TO BE COMPROMISED BY THIS BETA

KNOWN ISSUES RELATED BETA-2

- The vertical scrollbar thumbs will shrink very small when huge number of lines exist in a document. Need to add logic that resizes the thumbs to a minimum size and then correctly calculate the lines to display in the editor when the thumb is moved.

- The "Check for Updates" feature has been disabled for the Beta releases.

CHANGES FOR BETA 2

Version 3.0.0-BETA-2
Editor:
- Fixed visual error whereby statusbar area was covered whenever a visual designer form was active.
- WinFBE64 is now compiled using the -gen gcc -O 2 flags.
- Added right click popup menus for cut/copy/paste for textboxes that were changed to RichEdit (Find/Replace/CompilerLog/Notes).
- Added popup tooltip for Function list that displays the function prototype. Easier now to differentiate between overloaded functions.
- Fixed selecting function with multiple overloads would incorrectly always position the editor to the first instance of that function.
- Added some bcrypt* Win32 api keywords to the default winapi_keywords.txt file.
- Fixed issue whereby deleting a User Tool would result in a ghost entry in the User Tool top menu until the program was restarted.
- Updated the SetCompilerSwitchesII user tool to the latest version.

Good luck!

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

I will only keep this Beta active for a few days and if there is nothing major reported then I will prepare and upload the final V3.0 release this week.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg B.

Hey Paul
I've attached the revised German language file for you.
I'm still not completely satisfied with some words/terms. But all menu items/terms are there now, so no fields are left empty.
As soon as I think of a better translation for the few terms, I'll take a look at the language file again.

Will there be the toolbar at the top again? I miss the toolbar. :-)
If not everyone likes the toolbar, an alternative would be the choice in the settings.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Imortis

Been playing with the BETA.  Awesome stuff.  I have noticed that the Bookmarks tab does not seem to update unless I force it by using the "uncollapse all" option. 

Other than that I have a couple of feature requests:

• It would be awesome to have a Variable/Type/Enum list similar to the Function List.
  • Would it be possible to add a keybind for opening an included file?  The right-click menu is good, but it would be nice to have a keybind as well.

So far I am really excited for the release.  Keep up the good work.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Joerg Buckel on April 05, 2022, 05:30:53 AM
I've attached the revised German language file for you.
Thanks Joerg! I have now included it into the package and it will form part of the WinFBE V3 upload.

Will there be the toolbar at the top again? I miss the toolbar. :-)
Sorry... the toolbar is dead and gone.... I doubt that we will ever see it again. I mentioned this over on the FB forum a couple of months ago. Everything is still accessible from the top menus, clicking the statusbar, or via keyboard shortcuts.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Quote from: Imortis on April 05, 2022, 01:53:32 PM
Been playing with the BETA.  Awesome stuff.  I have noticed that the Bookmarks tab does not seem to update unless I force it by using the "uncollapse all" option. 
Thanks Imortis, appreciate the feedback. I have not been able to reproduce your Bookmarks issue. Whenever I add a new bookmark or toggle one off and on, the Bookmarks list updates and displays automatically. The tree branch for the file needs to be expanded in order to see the dynamic changes. If the tree branch is closed/collapsed then setting Bookmark in that file will NOT automatically open/expand that branch.

QuoteIt would be awesome to have a Variable/Type/Enum list similar to the Function List.
I have started re-writing the hack job of a parser that I have in WinFBE that looks for Types, Variables, Enums, etc. I will save your feature request for when that new parser is finished and plugged into the editor.

QuoteWould it be possible to add a keybind for opening an included file?  The right-click menu is good, but it would be nice to have a keybind as well.
Doesn't pressing F6 already do this? Press F6 and if WinFBE can resolve the file path then it will open the Include file.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg B.

Sorry... the toolbar is dead and gone.... I doubt that we will ever see it again. I mentioned this over on the FB forum a couple of months ago. Everything is still accessible from the top menus, clicking the statusbar, or via keyboard shortcuts.
Hey Paul
Then I missed your announcement regarding the toolbar.
It is also not tragic. Then I learn the keyboard shortcuts.....  :)
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Bumblebee

This was one of the few pieces of software where I actually used the toolbar.
Failed pollinator.

Imortis

Quote from: Paul Squires on April 05, 2022, 11:25:35 PM
Thanks Imortis, appreciate the feedback. I have not been able to reproduce your Bookmarks issue. Whenever I add a new bookmark or toggle one off and on, the Bookmarks list updates and displays automatically. The tree branch for the file needs to be expanded in order to see the dynamic changes. If the tree branch is closed/collapsed then setting Bookmark in that file will NOT automatically open/expand that branch.

I will have to do more testing.  For me the file name does not show up in the bookmarks page until I do a collapse/uncollapse.  I will get more info and get back to you.

I have started re-writing the hack job of a parser that I have in WinFBE that looks for Types, Variables, Enums, etc. I will save your feature request for when that new parser is finished and plugged into the editor.

Fantastic.

Doesn't pressing F6 already do this? Press F6 and if WinFBE can resolve the file path then it will open the Include file.

I looked through the keybind list and must have not seen it there.  My mistake.  Thanks again.

Imortis

I have attached an image of the bookmark explorer as it looks when I open a file.  It looks like that even after I add a bookmark.  I am on Windows 10.  I tried with both 32 and 64bit versions.  I tried running them both as admin.  It happens with new file or opening an existing one.  If there is any other info I can give, please let me know.

Paul Squires

Hi Imortis,

I am trying to understand the issue.

When a new file is created, or an existing file opened, and NO bookmarks exist for that file, then nothing will display in the Bookmarks list (not even the file name). BUT, you say that even after adding a bookmark nothing displays in the list. That is what is confusing me. If I add a bookmark (via Ctrl+F2 Toggle Bookmark) then the Bookmarks list will immediately update to show the file name and and a preview of the Bookmarked line immediately under the filename (in a kind of treeview display).

I am also using Windows 10.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Imortis

Ah ha!  That is it.  I wasn't using the keybind.  I was clicking in the bookmark column of the text editor (just to the right of the line number).  Clicking does not update the bookmark tab, but the keybind does.

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Petrus Vorster

Looks awesome.

Works easy too.
Something i picked up though in some controls (perhaps this is the intention) is that in the TEXT properties of e.g. a Frame or Label is that the backspace doesn't work.
You need to click in the front of the text field and use delete.

On my Wishlist is still Autosize of controls for when you minimise or shape forms and everything moves along nicely.

But great stuff.

-Regards, Peter
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

Thanks Peter!

I have fixed the regression bug that prevented the backspace from working in those edit controls in the Property List.

Autosize controls is already on the Wishlist for the Visual Designer. I had it in FireFly so it would be nice to have it in WinFBE as well.  :-)

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software