• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

ListBox - Stop User Selection

Started by Mark Strickland, May 25, 2006, 03:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Strickland

I want to put some things in a ListBox and highlight multiple items via program control.  I have that working with a

SENDMESSAGE( HWND_FORM1_LISTPROGVER, %LB_SETSEL, 1, r)

I don't want to allow a user to click a row and highlight it.  Short of DISABLING the control how can I catch the mouse click and handle NOT selecting the row?  I tried setting the control to read only (had to do a SENDMESSAGE since that property is not in the propery box) but it made no difference.

Mark Strickland

I did this to simply catch a mouse click and change the selection state back to the way it was before the click.

FUNCTION FORM1_LISTPROGVER_LBN_SELCHANGE ( _
                                        ControlIndex  AS LONG,  _  ' index in Control Array
                                        hWndForm      AS DWORD, _  ' handle of Form
                                        hWndControl   AS DWORD, _  ' handle of Control
                                        idListBox     AS DWORD  _  ' identifier of listbox
                                        ) AS LONG

DIM r AS LONG
   DIM s AS LONG

r = SENDMESSAGE( HWND_FORM1_LISTPROGVER, %LB_GETCURSEL, 0, 0)

s = SENDMESSAGE( HWND_FORM1_LISTPROGVER, %LB_GETSEL, r, 0)

IF s = 0 THEN
       SENDMESSAGE( HWND_FORM1_LISTPROGVER, %LB_SETSEL, 1, r)
   ELSE
       SENDMESSAGE( HWND_FORM1_LISTPROGVER, %LB_SETSEL, 0, r)
   END IF

END FUNCTION

The only other problem is a strange one --- If you drag and drop a row on to another one it toggles the dropped row on release of the mouse.  I really was not trying to drag and drop but it happend accidentally when I was testing.