• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Firefly PB9 Help

Started by Brian Chirgwin, September 05, 2008, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Chirgwin

I setup Firefly 2.90 for PB9

Trying to open PB 9 help I receive the following message.

Cannot find the pbwin.hlp file. Do you want to find this yourself?

I tried renaming the .chm to .hlp, but it fails to load.

Anyone else having this trouble?

TechSupport

Hi Brian,

Sorry about that. I never put a PB9 compiler check in the Help file code therefore no correct path is being set to the help file when you press F1.

If you are no longer using PB8 then you can simply update the PB8 preferences to point to the PB9 compiler and directories. That should work. Maybe even putting the help file in the Windows PATH may work.

I will upload an update within a week but I would like to see if any other problems surface prior to doing that.

Thanks!

Brian Chirgwin

Thanks. I thought it was working at one point and stopped. I thought I did something to break it.

No rush.

Andy Flowers

When I select the Help icon I am getting the old PB8.03 help screen. I would like to see the new PB9 help. Can you walk me through the steps so I can see the new PB9 help....

TechSupport

Hi Andy,

Invoking F1 (or selecting Help icon) is broken in this update. I will upload a fix (hopefully today).

David Kenny

It would appear that PB went to .chm (Compiled HTML help file) completely with PB9.
In my PBWin80\bin folder, I have a PBWin.hlp and a PBWin.chm (a year newer than the .hlp).  In PBWin90\bin I only have a PBWin.chm

FF doesn't seem to know what to do with .chm files.
If  PBWin.hlp for PBWin90 is available on PB's site, I can't find it.

David

TechSupport

David Kenny

Works great now! ;D  I didn't realize that you put support in for .chm's a while back.  I would have mentioned that it didn't work for me a while ago.

Thanks,

David