PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windows Help File  (Read 592 times)

RhodyRich

Windows Help File
« on: December 30, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »

I have set the file location for the help file in the environment settings. I can easily navigate to the folder with Windows Explorer and launch the help file. However, whenever I tried to load it by pressing F1 or from the Help menu, FF tells me that it cannot find the help file. What am I missing?

Also what is the point of specifying that a certain compiler is the default compiler when it has to be manually set in the Project Properties anyway?

TechSupport

Re: Windows Help File
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »

I am not really sure why you're F1 is not working. What is the path you are using? Does it have embedded spaces in the path? I am not sure if spaces would cause a problem but it might (I haven't tested it). Another thing you could do is place the help file location in the PATH for the operating system.

The point of a default compiler is that it is the compiler that is used by default when a new project is created.

RhodyRich

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:35:43 AM »

F1 works for PB help but not for WinHelp.

If I select Win32 API Help from the Help menu, I get the following error message.

"Could not find the following Win32 help file: \WIN32.HLP"

Attached is a screen capture of my environment settings.

TechSupport

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »

I don't think you have the path set. The screenshot you posted is not where the path is set.

Take a look at my screenshot.

:)

RhodyRich

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 09:15:10 AM »

That did it

Thanks

Happy New Year  ;)