• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

UpDown Control Problem

Started by RhodyRich, February 03, 2009, 10:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhodyRich

I have a group of UpDown controls. The width of the control should be 16 for the form I am designing. Every time I change another property of the control, the width changes to 19. Happens every time. I can easily change it manually but it is a bit of a pain.

TechSupport

Hi Dick,

Sorry - I've been away for awhile..... I'll look into this first thing in the morning.

TechSupport

Okay, I tracked down the problem. I was confused as to why it correctly set the width in my beta version of FireFly 3 but the width would always stay fixed in FireFly 2. UpDown controls are created using a default size by Windows itself. We need to manuualy set the size after the control is created. In FireFly 2, the extra code to resize the control after creation is missing from the code generator. I will add it for the 2.95 update.

RhodyRich

Okay. I finally gave up and accepted the default width. It was too much of a hassle to reset the individual widths each time Windows decided to automatically change it. This is also a good example of where it would be nice to set the width of one control and have it applied to all other controls selected in a group. Somehow the menu selection to do that does not seem to work correctly for me.

TechSupport

Did you try the new 2.95 update? I hope I fixed the UpDown problem in that update.

RhodyRich

I was not using the "Update" at the time. I will have to give that a try.

I was away for a few days. I returned and started up FireFly as a normally have using the same shortcut. FireFly seemed to forget all the environment settings and I had to reenter them all. Now Vista UAC also asks me each time whether FireFly should run as a trusted program. Any idea why this would change all of a sudden? When I run the 2.95 update, UAC is silent. Vista is so much fun.