• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

QuickStart video

Started by Martin Francom, November 02, 2009, 01:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Francom

Paul,
   The QuickStart video won't play for me.  The other two videos plauy just fine.

The video idea is a nice touch.  With what software  tool did you make them?  I would like to do something simular for Apothesoft. 

Paul Squires

Hi Marty,

Not sure why the QuickStart video won't play for you. I expect that it has been viewed by many people over the past week ;)  Maybe it is the size of the file or somethign that is affecting the amount of time it takes for it to begin playing? Maybe it needs to buffer or something.... I am still new at the whole video production thing.

The software used is called Camtasia. It is somewhat expensive software ($300 per copy) but luckily for me my day job employer purchased it some time ago. It is actually pretty easy to use and I'm sure that I am only tapping into 10% of its functionality.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Martin Francom

Paul,
   Appearently, the "Ad-Blocker" on the "Avant Browser" was prevently the video from playing.   I turned ad-blocker off and it played just fine.

I really do like the videos.  It's an execellent way to present tutorials.  Are the video's only available via the internet?  Or, can they be downloaded and replayed when the customer wants to re-review them?

Suggestion, ask FF3 customers what types of training videos they might like to see available.   My first suggestion would be a video showing the creation of a simple FF3 project that uses the SQLite/SQLitening Database.  To include the creation of the program and database and explaning how to use the database in client/server mode and in local mode.

Paul Squires

Hi Marty,

When I produced the videos in Camtasia it gives you the option to include HTML code that makes hosting the videos for internet customers very (very!!!) easy. The video itself is MP4 video/audio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14 and can played as a standalone file (ie. given to a customer or distrubuted on a CD).

A SQLitening Database tutorial would be a great idea. Actually, over the past two days I have had three emails from customers requesting more "database support" built into FireFly. SQLitening is an amazing system and one that I use for all my database needs.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Gary Stout

Paul,

Add me to the customer request list  ;D

Thanks,
Gary