• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Some thoughts

Started by John Heathcote, November 05, 2009, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Heathcote

First, let me say that Paul has done a terrific job with FF3.  A lot of thought and effort went into the new FF3 and it shows, well done Paul.  And yes, it was the first time I ever heard your voice on the video, don't worry though, you did a good job.

Couple of suggested feature enhancements I would like to see:

I would like to have the ability to use larger icons in the ToolBar.  I'm afraid with my ever failing eyesight (farsighted) the small icons are very difficult for me to decipher without a magnifying glass.  I cannot distinguish between many of the icons on the toolbar, particularly the last three icons, they look essentially the same to me.  Without ToolTips I would be totally lost, so, can we have the large print Reader's Digest version of the Icons please?  Remember, old geezers use FireFly too. ;D

When setting editor colors, could we please have an "Apply" button to see our updated color picks rather than have to pick OK, evaluate our color selections, and then to go through the multitude of menu picks to get back to the color selection dialog box.  Not a biggie, but the present method of picking and evaluating colors is annoying.

Some facility needs to be implemented to update event procedure names when changing property form and control names in the FireFly Workspace "Properties" tab.  I thought this would be implemented in FF3, or at least considered.  I know it was a big request in FF2.

I believe someone else mentioned eliminating disappearing dialogs, so put a tick for me on this subject.  I would like to keep the FireFly Workspace dialog open all the time, or at least the option of keeping this dialog open all the time.

OK, back to playing with FF3.

Again, good job Paul, well done.

Paul Squires

Thanks John,

I have logged all of your suggestions into my bug tracker. I am logging everyon'e suggestions there and will start working on them once the trial version gets out the door this weekend. The primary bug that I need to fix first is the undo/redo problem that was reported.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

John Thompson

Quote...Some facility needs to be implemented to update event procedure names when changing property form and control names in the FireFly Workspace "Properties" tab.  I thought this would be implemented in FF3, or at least considered.  I know it was a big request in FF2...

I would also find this very useful.

John Heathcote

Let's add "EXIT" as the last pick in the "File" pull down menu, just to keep things consistent.

JR