• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

ZeeGrid a new and free grid available for PowerBASIC and Firefly users

Started by Jean-pierre Leroy, April 04, 2016, 06:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

lol!  Well, I guess I will have to continue writing the grid after all.  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: Jose Roca on April 17, 2016, 07:20:16 PM
> How do you translate this line of code in PowerBASIC (my question is on the Cast operator) ?
You can't. You have to fill a variable and pass the address of the string text (VARPTR for ASCIIZ, STRPTR for STRING)
Jose, thank you for your answer.

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: Jose Roca on April 17, 2016, 07:30:16 PM
Sorry, but I'm not going to use it. I have made a test and isn't adequate for High DPI applications.
@Jose : Thank you for the test.

@Jose, @Paul
I will create another thread about yet another grid called Simple Grid (32 bits, 64 bits, Unicode and C source code available).
I've compiled the source with PellesC and created the 32 bits and 64 bits DLL (they are not available on CodeProject.com).
More info about Simple Grid : http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/681771/Simple-Grid-A-Win-message-based-grid-control
I hope Simple Grid will be High DPI aware.

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: TechSupport on April 17, 2016, 12:25:28 PM
Attached is a simple FreeBasic FireFly project showing a demo of the grid.
Hi Paul,

David sent me a 64 bits version of the DLL for test; I swith your FireFly for FreeBASIC demo project to 64 bits.
I get this error message when I try to compile the project.
Any ideas how to solve it ?

José Roca

Change

CAST(HMENU, IDC_FRMMAIN_ZEEGRID)

to

CAST(HMENU, CAST(LONG_PTR, IDC_FRMMAIN_ZEEGRID))

José Roca

If you're going to use FreeBasic, learn how CAST works, because you're going to have to use it more often that any other FB function.

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: Jose Roca on April 19, 2016, 11:04:50 AM
If you're goign to use FreeBasic, learn how CAST works, because you're going to have to use it more often that any other FB function.
@Jose, thank you for your help; it works now. And yes I will probably use more and more often FireFly for FreeBASIC. I will learn how to use CAST. I promise you.

@Paul,  in this specific case the code in the FRMMAIN_ZEEGRID_INIT handler is generated directly by FireFly ... so I think that you should adapt this code (if possible) depending on the mode 32 bits and/or 64 bits. Is-it possible ?

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: Jose Roca on April 17, 2016, 11:28:25 AM
But apparently it's only 32-bit, isn't it?
@Jose: As mentioned earlier, David sent me a 64 bits version of the DLL for test. I use it with FireFly for FreeBASIC 64 bits ... and so far so good.

Paul Squires

Quote from: Jean-pierre Leroy on April 19, 2016, 12:21:37 PM
@Paul,  in this specific case the code in the FRMMAIN_ZEEGRID_INIT handler is generated directly by FireFly ... so I think that you should adapt this code (if possible) depending on the mode 32 bits and/or 64 bits. Is-it possible ?

Thanks Jean-Pierre, I have now corrected the code generation for Custom Controls to eliminate this compile error. The code is the same for both 32 and 64 bits.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: Jose Roca on April 17, 2016, 11:28:25 AM
But apparently it's only 32-bit, isn't it?
David Hillard has officially released a 64 bits version of his grid ZeeGrid.

Announcement on his website:
http://www.kycsepp.com/ZeeGrid_Docs/zeegrid_build_37.html

James Fuller

One item I found missing is a combo box cell.
I used the old FarPoint Spread DLL (2.5/3.0) as my primary data input device with PowerBASIC back in my contracting days and most of the data forms I designed had at at least one static data item that the user selected via a cell combo box.

James

Jean-pierre Leroy

James,

I will take a look at FarPoint Spread DLL (2.5/3.0).

Regarding ZeeGrid it is possible to set a combo box at the cell level; there is a notification message called %ZGN_LOADCOMBO that allow to do that at cell level;you can have a look at the screenshot below.

James Fuller

Is it possible to do this with zeegrid?
This uses the row number col as a label to what is wanted in a one col grid.

James

Jean-pierre Leroy

Quote from: James Fuller on April 21, 2016, 08:24:12 AM
Is it possible to do this with zeegrid?
This uses the row number col as a label to what is wanted in a one col grid.
James
I will try to do this kind of Grid with ZeeGrid; at least it is possible with MLG (MyLittleGrid) :