• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE Version 1.2.2 (February 2, 2017)

Started by Paul Squires, February 02, 2017, 10:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Version 1.2.2 is available via GitHub releases. https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Version 1.2.2 (February 2, 2017)
- Added: Find in Files functionality added.
- Added: Add "TODO" messages directly in code via 'TODO: or ' TODO: List shows in Output window / TODO tab.
- Added: New tab in Output window for "Notes". Notes are saved on a per project basis.
- Added: File Menu option to "Save Declares File". Auto generates a Declare file for all Sub/Functions that you can #Include into your project.
- Added: #Include files are now parsed for Sub/Function declaration Codetips.
- Added: ProgressBar in StatusBar during compiling progress.
- Added: Localization translations for Russian and Ukrainian compliments of ur_naz.
- Changed: Refined autocomplete insertions for SUB/FUNCTION/PROPERTY/TYPE/UNION.
- Fixed: Regression from v1.2.1 whereby cursor would not change to arrow during application start.
- Fixed: Loading Template did not increment the Untitled 1,2,3 .bas filename numbering.
- Fixed: Autocomplete insertions (eg. IF/THEN, FOR/NEXT) now honours the keyword casing as defined by the user.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

José Roca

Updated spanish language file for the last four additions (save declares, etc.).

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose, appreciate it!

I hope to later today post new ode for WinFBE. I have completely changed the left hand side Explorer window. It is more traditional looking now and allows for multiple open projects. No more having to open a separate instance of WinFBE for each project you want to work on.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

James Klutho

Paul I started to use version 1.1.1 a couple of days ago and I noticed that the search and replace was unreliable.  The replace I was doing involved hundreds of replaces so I don't know if the amount of replaces was the issue.  I ended up opening the file in notepad and used that replace functionality.

Jim

Paul Squires

Thanks Jim, search and replace is being worked on. Not sure if it got better from 1.1.1 to the current 1.2.2 but it is getting an overhaul. Likewise, major portions of the code has been changed in order to allow for multiple projects to be open within the editor at the same time. I don't want to upload it yet because I need to do a lot more testing on it first. Looks good so far though.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

I haven't posted in a while because I have been working on major internal changes to the code in order to handle multiple open projects at once and also a totally revamped Find/Replace system that works almost exactly like the one found in VSCode. Learned a LOT about Scintilla in the process. Things like multiple selections, attributes and markers. I don't want to post any update yet because I definitely need to use the editor more with daily programming to make sure things are stable enough to release to you guys.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Pierre Bellisle

Q> ...multiple selections...

Hi Paul,
Does this mean that you consider integrating this feature in some future release?
If so, do you think "vertical" or "column selection" as in UltraEdit?

Regards,
Pierre

José Roca

It is already implemented. Use Alt + left mouse button to select.

Pierre Bellisle

Thank Jose,

This is real nice! The multi-cursors via control-left-click is also fantastic!

Is there a plan for an "insert numbers" option to fill a column selection with incremental numbers?

Pierre

Paul Squires

Quote from: Pierre Bellisle on March 04, 2017, 04:05:27 PM
Is there a plan for an "insert numbers" option to fill a column selection with incremental numbers?

I guess that could be done. Just curious as to what the purpose would be?
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Pierre Bellisle

Hi Paul,

I like this feature a lot when I got many lines to be numbered.
Let's say that I use a vertical caret of 50 row height to write this 50 times...

StringArray(000) = ""
StringArray(000) = ""
StringArray(000) = ""
... 45 times more
StringArray(000) = ""
StringArray(000) = ""

Then I select the whole 50 lines/3 char width column of zeros (000)  and choose "Insert number" from the menu.
Then all numbers change from 001 to 050 or 000 to 049 depending of the "Insert numbers" options.

Pierre

José Roca

Do you know this syntax?

DIM StringArray(20) AS STRING = {"zero", "one", "two", "three", "four", "five", _
   "six", "seven", "eight", "nine", "ten", "eleven", "twelve", "thirteen", _
   "fourteen", "fifteen", "sixteen", "seventeen", "eighteen", "nineteen", "twenty"}