• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Firelines

Started by Petrus Vorster, February 21, 2017, 12:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrus Vorster

Hi All

I have used the Firelines tool of Paul in a project just to create a visible divider between a few controls.
Interestingly, when say another Form opens over it, then its fine, but some pop-ups like message-boxes will delete a portion of the line.
That looks quite awkward on a form having a divider line with missing bits and pieces.

Any ideas?
-Regards
Peter

José Roca

Petrus Vorster

Ok, but how do i know when this happens, because it only happens while the program runs.
On what occasion/trigger/event will one do that?
-Regards
Peter

Petrus Vorster

This actually only happens during the event where two different TEXTBOXES that were set to NUMBERS ONLY receives an invalid key.
The windows pop-up appears about the invalid character.
Then it deletes the FIRELINE in different sizes and places.
This is annoying.

Image 1 shows the form while running correctly.
Image 2 Shows textbox1 (PO Box numbers) and textbox 7 (Cell numbers). Both these are set to NUMBERS ONLY
Image 3 shows what happens to the line if there was an invalid character warning in any of the two textboxes. The lie is deleted in various lengths.
-Regards
Peter

Paul Squires

How about in the WM_PAINT handler for the FORM, you make a call to FF_CONTROL_REDRAW( FireLinesHandle ) and see what happens?

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Petrus Vorster

It works, but i had to put it three places.
In the wm_paint, and killfocus of the two textboxes.

You can still clearly see the deletion of the line, but at least it repaints it afterwards.

Perhaps i should just changes the textboxes and prevent the characters with code iso the setting?
-Regards
Peter

Petrus Vorster

Yes, that work so much easier....
:-[

Where is the corner i have to go stand again? LOL
-Regards
Peter