Support Forums > General Board

SQLite Client Server Source

<< < (2/10) > >>

Richard Kelly:
Thank you Paul for looking at the source. When my dog licks my feet, strange things happen...and....freely admit making more mistakes than most. Why, when I could be drawing social security and living off my roth 401k's, I'm still doing this is.?.?. I only know I still feel good when slinging some code around.   :o

I downloaded WinFBE and built new scripts, updated some of the classes, and, updated the attachment at the top.

I know, I got lazy with SQLite using the wrapper. I first started using it about 6-7 years ago or so and never looked backed. I'll dig in and see if I understand the prepare/step/finish loop. I originally thought getting the results all at once was a better deal than having to redim an array over and over. I'll look at Jose's CWstrArray class as it likely will perform better than what I can do with FB arrays.

Rick

Josť Roca:
CWstrArray isn't a good candidate for speed. It is a wrapper on top of a safe array and I wrote for when I absolutely need an array of dynamic unicode strings. Since SQLite uses UTF-8, you don't need dynamic unicode strings.

Richard Kelly:

--- Quote from: Jose Roca on May 02, 2017, 09:26:36 PM ---CWstrArray isn't a good candidate for speed. It is a wrapper on top of a safe array and I wrote for when I absolutely need an array of dynamic unicode strings. Since SQLite uses UTF-8, you don't need dynamic unicode strings.

--- End quote ---

Whose's this Jose Guy? ::) Of course, I'll heed your voice and do the array results the old fashioned way. I haven't see anything like the PB redim at.

Josť Roca:
I don't have used SQLite, except for a few tests, but the problem with sqlite3_get_table with large result sets is obvious. It builds an array of null terminated strings and returns a pointer to that array. Building the array wastes time, and building yet another array of strings to copy the original one, wastes more time.

Josť Roca:
If I find the time, what I will try is to write some classes to wrap the SQLite "16" (unicode) functions. Since a long time ago, I don't write anything that is not unicode aware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version