• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE 1.5.7 on GitHub (February 4, 2018)

Started by Paul Squires, February 03, 2018, 11:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Version 1.5.7 (February 4, 2018)
- Added: Dual pane split screen file editing.
- Added: Multiline comment support to scintilla dll editing component. /'  '/
- Added: Additional error check to report failed GoRC resource file compiles.
- Added: Autoinsert completion for CONSTRUCTOR, DESTRUCTOR, ENUM constructs.
- Changed: Removed WinFBX Library from the distribution. Get it from: https://github.com/JoseRoca/WinFBX
- Changed: Better handling of auto insert of IF/THEN single and and other mulitline statements.
- Changed: Much improved autocomplete and codetips to handle shared/local variables and TYPE's.
- Changed: Latest scintilla dll for Win32 and Win64.
- Changed: Scaled some icons to display larger at higher screen resolutions.
- Fixed: Popup autocomplete list will not show if activated as part of commented line (line commented using an "'").
- Fixed: When multiple projects open selecting an open file would add that file to whatever the current active project was resulting in the file being linked to several open projects. This was not the intended behaviour.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Hi Paul, in the February 4th and January 29th versions of WinFBE (32 & 64), the "View Function List" (F4) appends its search results to the previous search results each time it's called (I stopped counting at 5.) It does this with one file or multiple files open - files not in a project. In the list, double clicking 'any' Function name simply closes the search box leaving the cursor at the position it was in when F4 was pressed.

On another note, any attempt to open AfxADO.bi crashes WinFBE. Opening AfxADO.bi from Windows Explorer exhibits the same result (when WinFBE is used to open it.)

The above issues are NOT exhibited in the November 6th or January 17th versions.

I hope this is helpful.

Win 7 Pro.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks! I fixed the multiple file name being added after F4 Function selections. I did notice the AfxDAO.bi crash (happens during parsing) but I have not yet been able to isolate the place where it happens.

Here is the download to the F4 Function fixed version ( v1.5.8 ):  https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Thanks, Paul. F4 works great. Leaving the scroll-to line 3 lines down is a nice feature. It saves having to scroll manually to read any comments above the Function.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

That's EXACTLY why I implemented it that way. I was always having to scroll upwards to read my comments :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

BTW, AfxADO.bi, line 1390 appears to be the beginning of the crash issue.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks for that info. I will try to trace the sequence of events that cause the GPF. Likewise, there is another file "shobjidl.bi" that caused GPF during my testing. Not sure why it happens because it all seems so random. I know that when I find the solution I'll be like "of course that was the problem!".
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software