• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

Visual Designer update

Started by Paul Squires, December 10, 2017, 03:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Here is another visual designer update post.

A tremendous amount of work complete on the internal engine that handles the creation and design of forms and controls. The PropertyList has been started as you can see in the attached animated gif. Likewise, the cut/copy/paste functionality for controls is complete and works very well.

The solid base is making it making is a lot easier to add functionality faster than I could previously. Next step will be to complete the PropertyList and then flush out all of the controls and their associated properties.

Code generation is still a ways off.  :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Klaas Holland

Looks nice.

Can you make a horizontal and a vertical red line when you add a new control to line up with the other controls?

Paul Squires

Quote from: Klaas Holland on December 11, 2017, 07:27:13 AM
Can you make a horizontal and a vertical red line when you add a new control to line up with the other controls?
That is definitely something that I hope to implement. I have seen it in other visual designers and I think it would be helpful in this one also.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Bruce Huber

WinFBE + its Visual Designer + WinFBX could well be the toolset that keeps FreeBASIC alive over the long term!

THANKS!!! Paul and Jose!
Bruce

Paul Squires

Quote from: Paul Squires on December 11, 2017, 12:15:16 PM
Quote from: Klaas Holland on December 11, 2017, 07:27:13 AM
That is definitely something that I hope to implement. I have seen it in other visual designers and I think it would be helpful in this one also.

I have been working on this... it's been fun so far. Interesting logic to ensure that the snap works correctly and that the proper closest control is identified to snap to.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Here is another update. This one relates to the selection rectangle used to lasso/select controls. Latest versions of Windows do not play nice with drawing selection rectangles using GDI functions like DrawFocusRect when outputting to the Windows Screen DC. I have implemented a very nice looking, alpha blended, selection lasso that draws to a top level window with the WS_EX_LAYERED style. Works well and looks very smooth. Animated gif attached to you can see it in action.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Andrew Lindsay

That looks awesome.  I'd love to see something like that under my Christmas tree.