• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

not compiling

Started by raymw, May 28, 2018, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymw

Using firefly, I thought I would programatically change the background colour of a button, using FF_Control_setcolor. Then couldn't quickly find the colour values I needed, so I deleted the command from my form. Now, nothing will compile, neither the program I was working on or any others that were OK before. Attached listing of compiler log, which is more or less the same, afaik, for all my programs.
FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.05.0 (01-31-2016), built for win32 (32bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2016 The FreeBASIC development team.
standalone
target:       win32, 486, 32bit
compiling:    CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_MAIN.bas -o CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_MAIN.asm (main module)
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(162) error 41: Variable not declared, col in 'col Sub FF_Control_SetColor( ByVal hWndControl as HWnd, _'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(170) error 41: Variable not declared, hWndControl in 'If IsWindow(hWndControl) Then'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(172) error 1: Argument count mismatch, found 'hWndControl' in 'ff_control = GetProp(hWndControl, "FLY_PTR")'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(182) error 41: Variable not declared, BackColor in 'If BackColor <> -1 Then'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(182) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'BackColor' in 'If BackColor <> -1 Then'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(186) error 1: Argument count mismatch, found 'BackColor' in 'ff_control->hBackBrush = CreateSolidBrush(BackColor)'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(187) error 9: Expected expression, found 'BackColor' in 'ff_control->nBackColor = BackColor'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(189) error 1: Argument count mismatch, found 'hWndControl' in 'SetClassLongPtr hWndControl, GCLP_HBRBACKGROUND, Cast(Integer, CreateSolidBrush(BackColor))'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(196) error 41: Variable not declared, ForeColor in 'If ForeColor <> -1 Then'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(196) error 3: Expected End-of-Line, found 'ForeColor' in 'If ForeColor <> -1 Then'
C:\Users\Ray\firefly\Projects\griddrill\release\CODEGEN_GRIDDRILL_UTILITY.inc(196) error 132: Too many errors, exiting

Looks like I may need to reinstall firefly. I've got backups from yesterday anyway, but what has got corrupted?

Best wishes,

Ray

Paul Squires

It kind of looks like FireFly may have failed parsing the code to output the CODEGEN files when FF_Control_SetColor (btw, that command doesn't work on command buttons - that's a Windows limitation).

Maybe try removing FF_Control_SetColor from your code and then delete all of the CODEGEN*.* files. Finally, do a re-compile.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

raymw

Hi Paul, thanks for reply, but it did not solve the problem. I'm thinking firefly itself has got corrupted, or an inc. file been messed up.

Even just making a new project with a simple plain form gives similar compile error.

I had a look in my firefly folder, the only files with a recent time were the .ini and .ini.bak files. I checked them with yesterday's backup and they looked the same, I restored all of the firefly folder from yesterday's backup, and it is now working again, other than a couple of today's recent additions, of course. I don't know what caused it, I don't feel like trying to cause it again....