Support Forums > WinFBX - Windows Framework for FreeBASIC

CXpButton

(1/11) > >>

Paul Squires:
Hi Jose,

I'd like to ask your opinion... Over the years I've had many people wanting to be able to set the foreground and background colors for the standard pushbutton that FireFly used as a control. Given that it is a standard Windows control that didn't allow user specified backcolors, I usually pointed them in the direction of other user created custom controls. For the new designer, I am thinking of just using your CXpButton as the one and only push button for the designer. What do you think? It would make things so much easier and, more importantly, less confusing and more user friendly for novices. If this path is chosen, the only thing that I think would be needed is to modify the control so that the user can specify fore/back colors (when themes are disabled for the control).

Sound good???

Josť Roca:
I wrote it many years ago (XP times) as an exercise of how to write a custom control using visual styles. Today it is not longer needed since you can use image lists with buttons, and I translated it to FreeBasic mainly to practice to write custom controls using a class. I will leave it as it is (you don't need to include it in the designer) and write another with a different name (XP is already vintage) based on it to save coding, with all the changes that you like. I personally dislike coloured buttons, but it is not my business if other people like them.

Paul Squires:
Awesome, thanks Jose! From using the control last night it seemed like the only things missing that really jumped out at me were the fore/back colors and the ability to use any type of image (not just icons and bitmaps) (png, jpg, etc) and to be able to set their transparency backcolor easily. Maybe you could integrate your AfxGdipIconFromRes function, etc.

Josť Roca:
PNGs and othe formats can already be used, e.g. instead of using LoadIcon you can use

--- Code: ---pXpButton1.SetIcon AfxGdipImageFromFile(ExePath & "/Shutdown_48.png"), XPBI_NORMAL

--- End code ---

or other GdiPlus wrappers.

Josť Roca:
Methods to add support for other image formats. The optional parameter dimPercent canbe used to dim the imape and in combination with bGrayScale to get disabled gray images from a normal image, e.g.:

--- Code: ---pXpButton1.SetImageFromFile(ExePath & "/Shutdown_48.png", XPBI_NORMAL)
' Reuse the normal image to get a grayed image
pXpButton1.SetImageFromFile(ExePath & "/Shutdown_48.png", XPBI_DISABLED, TRUE, 60, TRUE)

--- End code ---

--- Code: ---' ========================================================================================
' Loads an image from file and sets it as the image of the button.
' - wszPath = Full path of the bitmap file.
' - ImageState =
'      XPBI_NORMAL = 1
'      XPBI_HOT = 2
'      XPBI_DISABLED = 3
' - fRedraw       = TRUE or FALSE (redraws the button to reflect the changes)
' - dimPercent    = Percent of dimming (1-99)
' - bGrayScale    = TRUE or FALSE. Convert to gray scale.
' ========================================================================================
' ========================================================================================
'PRIVATE FUNCTION AfxGdipIconFromFile (BYREF wszFileName AS WSTRING, _
'   BYVAL dimPercent AS LONG = 0, BYVAL bGrayScale AS LONG = FALSE) AS HANDLE
'   FUNCTION = AfxGdipImageFromFile(wszFileName, dimPercent, bGrayScale, IMAGE_ICON, 0)
'END FUNCTION

' Loads an image from a resource file and sets it as the image of the button.
' - hInstance     = [in] A handle to the module whose portable executable file or an accompanying
'                   MUI file contains the resource. If this parameter is NULL, the function searches
'                   the module used to create the current process.
' - wszImageName  = [in] Name of the image in the resource file (.RES). If the image resource uses
'                   an integral identifier, wszImage should begin with a number symbol (#)
'                   followed by the identifier in an ASCII format, e.g., "#998". Otherwise,
'                   use the text identifier name for the image. Only images embedded as raw data
'                   (type RCDATA) are valid. These must be icons in format .png, .jpg, .gif, .tiff.
' - ImageState =
'      XPBI_NORMAL = 1
'      XPBI_HOT = 2
'      XPBI_DISABLED = 3
' - fRedraw       = TRUE or FALSE (redraws the button to reflect the changes)
' - dimPercent    = Percent of dimming (1-99)
' - bGrayScale    = TRUE or FALSE. Convert to gray scale.
PRIVATE SUB CXpButton.SetImageFromRes (BYVAL hInstance AS HINSTANCE, BYREF wszImageName AS WSTRING, BYVAL ImageState AS LONG = XPBI_NORMAL, BYVAL fRedraw AS LONG = FALSE, _
BYVAL dimPercent AS LONG = 0, BYVAL bGrayScale AS LONG = FALSE)
   DIM hIcon AS HICON = AfxGdipIconFromRes(hInstance, wszImageName, dimPercent, bGrayScale)
   this.SetIcon(hIcon, ImageState, fRedraw)
END SUB

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version