PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.8.0 (October 6, 2018)  (Read 369 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 1.8.0 (October 6, 2018)
« on: October 06, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »

Version 1.8.0 (October 6, 2018)
- Added: Merged pull request 7c5fb4d from skyfishtb. Parsing of ENUM and REDIM.
- Added: Delete any previously existing compile output file (ie. .EXE, .DLL, .a) so it will not exist should the compile fail.
- Added: Code editor Calltips for the ListBox control.
- Fixed: Updated gcc.exe to correct 64 version.
- Fixed: Corrected libexec subfolder names for 32/64 bit versions of cc1.exe (part of the gcc toolchain).
- Changed: Updated Italian language file (thanks Massimiliano).
- Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Joerg Buckel).

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
FireFly Visual Designer, WinFBE Editor

raymw

• FireFly3 User
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.8.0 (October 6, 2018)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »

Thanks, Paul, the calltips for listbox seem to be present and correct. Some odd cursor behavior I've noticed. I highlight text, the 'vertical line' cursor lingers outside the text area, seems to oscillate with the cursor it should be, and whatever I do, I cannot get the correct cursor shape afterwards, unless I shut down winfbe.

I've noticed another thing, not related to your work, but w10 does not save to the directory you necessarily think, depending if you are running as administrator or user. If a user, it saves to .... appdata\local\virtualstore, instead of c:\ for instance. Not sure when they thought that would be a good idea.

Is fold (functions/subroutines) supposed to be working as I could have used it the last few days?

Josť Roca

• FireFly3 Registered User
  • Master Member
    • Jos
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 11:36:51 PM »

Updated Spanish language file.

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 10:44:38 AM »

Thanks Josť!
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 10:52:58 AM »

Some odd cursor behavior I've noticed. I highlight text, the 'vertical line' cursor lingers outside the text area, seems to oscillate with the cursor it should be, and whatever I do, I cannot get the correct cursor shape afterwards, unless I shut down winfbe.
That is indeed a strange behaviour. I have not been able to reproduce it, nor can I ever remember experiencing such a thing. ?

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

• FireFly3 User
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 08:44:17 PM »

Hi Paul, I've installed v1.8.1, and cannot now replicate the peculiar cursor behavior. Going back to a previous query, is the folding working properly, if so, how does it work? How to assign fold points or remove them? It seems different cf firefly fold, in as much as that worked for me, but this seems to assign fold points to odd places, and I can't find how to correct that. I think it would it be more useful if the function list window stayed open when you double click on a function to highlight it in the code and it could be better if the help files and others could be treated the same as the tool box in the designer. (although it would be nice if the basic help file word wrapped)