PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE and multiple open Projects (Question)  (Read 29 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Master Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE and multiple open Projects (Question)
« on: Today at 10:00:21 AM »

WinFBE has the ability to have multiple projects open within the editor. You can see this in action when you open Projects and they appear in the Explorer treeview. The active project is the one with the checkbox checked.

I am considering removing the ability to have multiple projects open because the internal code is just overly complicated because of it. You can still open multiple copies of WinFBE if you need to work on more than one Project at once.

I want to ask if there is anyone here that uses the multiple open Project feature of WinFBE and would you be devastated if that feature was removed?

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
FireFly Visual Designer, WinFBE Editor

raymw

• FireFly3 User
Re: WinFBE and multiple open Projects (Question)
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:32:57 AM »

Hi Paul, Remove 'em. For me, if I open two projects, sometimes two files, it is often impossible to remove them individually. Either I've got things set up wrong, or it doesn't behave the way I would expect. If I close the first of two projects, it's still showing in the explorer, and then I can't access the other project until I add a form, or similar. At the moment it is too messy/complicated, at least for me.

James Fuller

• FireFly3 Registered User
  • FF3 User
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:34:52 AM »

Paul,
  FYI
  I am not actively using WinFBE at present but in all my years of coding I have never opened multiple projects in any IDE that offers them.

James

Marc Pons

• FireFly3 Registered User
  • FF3 User
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:12:41 PM »

Paul,
I've never opened multiple projects on the same ide, if somebody need that feature ,
if you have already opened project, why not have a messagebox to propose to open  automaticaly a different session of winfbe with that second ( or more ) project?

it could be a suffisant work-arround for the very few occasions of tha need.

Marc