• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE Suite 1.8.5 (December 2, 2018)

Started by Paul Squires, December 02, 2018, 01:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Version 1.8.5 (December 2, 2018)
- Added: Main Menu Editor and menu code generation for the visual designer.
- Added: Sort alphabetically the filenames in the Help Viewer treeview nodes.
- Changed: Removed Form property "ShowInTaskbar" as I could not implement reliable code to support it.
- Fixed: With AutoIndentation enabled, all entered ELSE/ELSEIF and CASE/CASE ELSE lines now line up correctly to their parent IF/THEN or SELECT CASE headers.
- Fixed: Help Viewer treeview height now matches the height of the embedded web browser.
- Fixed: Code introduced to help fix random situation whereby the screen cursor remains as a spinning wait icon after a failed compile attempt.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Joerg B.

Hello Paul
....... many thanks for the new version. :-)
Just a small thing. There are English entries in the menu editor, that are not yet added to the language file and can be translated.

Otherwise I have updated the language file to the latest version.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

Hi Joerg,

I have attached an updated English language file for you with the missing items. I have also modified WinFBE source code to ensure that it loads the correct translations for the Menu Editor. Can you update your file to add the additional strings from the attached English file?

I need to implement the Listview control. Once that is done then I can properly write the Language Editor which will make the whole process of updating and keeping the language files in sync much easier.

I will upload an updated WinFBE package soon once people get to try out the new menu features and discover any bugs, etc. I have also corrected a bug whereby ELSEIF blocks do not automatically lineup to previous block if AutoIndentation is enabled (I thought that I had it working but I guess not. The SELECT CASE works well though).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg B.

Hello Paul

..... The attached file contains the completed translation of the language file.

Thank you very much for your work.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

Awesome thanks! I will include it in the next update.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

I am expanding the "Localization" page in the "Environment Options" dialog to allow the creation / editing / deletion of the language files. This will be better than having a standalone dedicated program (and easier for me). :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Quote from: Paul Squires on December 02, 2018, 01:04:38 PM
Version 1.8.5 (December 2, 2018)
- Changed: Removed Form property "ShowInTaskbar" as I could not implement reliable code to support it.

Hi Paul, module code frmMain.ShowInTaskBar = [True|False] now throws a compiler "error 18: Element not defined, ShowInTaskBar in 'frmMain.ShowInTaskBar = False'"

Not sure of the alternative...
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Actually, looks like the "'frmMain.ShowInTaskBar = False" is actually in your code rather than the WinFBE code generation so you simply need to remove it from your code. (frmMain is not a WinFBE code generated variable).

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Yes, I commented it out though that line of code has been there and working (somewhat) for many versions of WinFBE. 1.8.5 is the first version that the code is in error. What should be used instead? (Just curious :)
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

The program recognize that ShowInTaskbar no longer exists in the library and not throw an error. Strange that you are still seeing it. I suggest that you manually move one of the controls on your form. This will make the form dirty and invoke the code generation. The new code generation should generate code without the reference to ShowInTaskbar.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

A bit different from previous versions, afaik. If I create new project, then go straight to designer, add new form, it shows designer window, with first line (pointer), then after a few seconds winfbe crashes. Ok if I create a new basic file first.

raymw

I've tried the menu editor in designer, - graphically it works OK, but I was expecting some code stubs to be generated for each item on selection, similar to items in toolbox. Nothing happens, as far as I can see, for toolbar editor, or status bar editor. Have I not installed it correctly, or is this as it should be at the moment?

SeaVipe

Quote from: raymw on December 07, 2018, 09:28:59 AM
A bit different from previous versions, afaik. If I create new project, then go straight to designer, add new form, it shows designer window, with first line (pointer), then after a few seconds winfbe crashes. Ok if I create a new basic file first.

Hi Paul, I'm experiencing similar results as Ray but I get a crash regardless of whether or not I create a basic file first.
Clive Richey

DenWal

About Menu Designer:
- Can produce two or more entries and get the same name, for instance Help.
- Unable to get access to entry shortcuts.
- Unable to get access to Checked.
- When trying to compile and run WinFBE stops...
[Edit]:
- Unable to compile.
Best regards,
Dennis

Paul Squires

Quote from: SeaVipe on December 07, 2018, 12:38:53 PM
Quote from: raymw on December 07, 2018, 09:28:59 AM

Hi Paul, I'm experiencing similar results as Ray but I get a crash regardless of whether or not I create a basic file first.
Thanks guys, this was a little harder for me to track down but I found it. It only affected new forms that had not been saved. I will get an update posted soon.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software