PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)  (Read 2371 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:38:15 PM »

Version 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)
- Added: Click and Popup menu handlers are now created with a pre-populated SELECT CASE of menu item names.
- Added: DoubleClick on Form area will now toggle to the code editor.
- Changed: "Project", "Add Files to Project" no longer automatically shows the loaded files in the editor. 
- Fixed: Flickering of the statusbar message "Parsing: <filename>" when loading large projects.
- Fixed: Delay when exiting WinFBE when large projects are active.
- Fixed: 'State' label too wide and partially overlapped 'Checked' checkbox in Menu Editor.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Marc Pons

• FF3 User
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »

Paul,

just noticed your boundle is giving a relative old version of the compiler (from september 2018)
some small evolutions since that time on  v1.06  , thank's to coderjeff.

Marc

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018) - Menu Editor
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 03:55:05 PM »

Thanks Paul!

A - wish list) Is it possible, or optional for the pre-populated SELECT CASE "NAME" to be created in original case? (And UCase(sender.Name) just sender.Name.) It could it be tied to Options/Environment Options/Code Editor/Case:? (As this is a one-time event perhaps it isn't even necessary.)
B - curious) Once the pre-populated Select Case is created, it must be manually modified to match changes made in the Menu Editor. I'm assuming that to make this any more automated would require a major rework or a new Menu Editor? I'm thinking of simple "additions" to the Select Case. When made in the editor, would require parsing what already exists and inserting Menu items accordingly. Or just adding it as the last Case and manually placing it in the correct order.
C - perator) Seperator ("-") is a Case selection: Case "MNUSEP1" which can't be selected.
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018) - Passing Param To Form
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 07:21:08 PM »

Hi Paul, is there a way to pass a parameter to a form? I've searched the forum, but anything that I've been able to find is not relevant to WinFBE (in my view) and quite old (FF 2004).
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 07:54:59 PM »

I cannot find _compilelog.txt.
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 08:32:37 PM »

Hi Paul, is there a way to pass a parameter to a form? I've searched the forum, but anything that I've been able to find is not relevant to WinFBE (in my view) and quite old (FF 2004).
You can try using the Form's "Tag" property. That is a CWSTR (dynamic unicode string) so you can assign text to it and read it when you need to.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »

Thanks Paul!

A - wish list) Is it possible, or optional for the pre-populated SELECT CASE "NAME" to be created in original case? (And UCase(sender.Name) just sender.Name.) It could it be tied to Options/Environment Options/Code Editor/Case:? (As this is a one-time event perhaps it isn't even necessary.)
B - curious) Once the pre-populated Select Case is created, it must be manually modified to match changes made in the Menu Editor. I'm assuming that to make this any more automated would require a major rework or a new Menu Editor? I'm thinking of simple "additions" to the Select Case. When made in the editor, would require parsing what already exists and inserting Menu items accordingly. Or just adding it as the last Case and manually placing it in the correct order.
C - perator) Seperator ("-") is a Case selection: Case "MNUSEP1" which can't be selected.
A - I figured using UCASE would cut down on the problems where a user entered a name and screws up the casing. Using original case also means that I'd have to use SELECT CASE **sender.name because SELECT CASE chokes a bit on CWSTR case variables.
B - Way too complicated to re-parse and add new menu names. Especially when most of the time once a menu is created there is little editing or additions that happen subsequently.
C - Ah, yes, good catch. I should not have separators in the SELECT CASE because they do not generate click events.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »

Thanks, Paul,
Select Case Str(sender.Name) works. Then for each Case type the Name as entered in the Menu Editor. So the way you have it set up is fine, the user just needs to customise the auto-generated code to suit personal taste.
Clive Richey

SeaVipe

• Windows 10 Ubuntu 18
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 09:03:39 PM »

You can try using the Form's "Tag" property. That is a CWSTR (dynamic unicode string) so you can assign text to it and read it when you need to.
I got focused on lParam and wParam, Tag is more better, thanks!
Clive Richey

DenWal

• Little Newbie
  • Simple man with a simple life.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 09:48:10 AM »

Hello,

WinFBE crashes immediately after I add the first menu item in the Menu Designer.

Does it exist any error log file I can send?

TIA,
Best regards,
Dennis

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »

Thanks Dennis, I haven't experienced a crash. Is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version of WinFBE you are using? At what point does it crash? When you press OK to close the Menu Designer? When you try to compile and run the program? When you move from the NAME textbox to a different textbox? When you press a certain button?
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »

Paul,

just noticed your boundle is giving a relative old version of the compiler (from september 2018)
some small evolutions since that time on  v1.06  , thank's to coderjeff.

Marc
Hello Marc

If you need a newer version of Freebasic compiler, you can also download the source code of Freebasic and compile it yourself.
It works very well.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Marc Pons

• FF3 User
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 01:17:49 PM »

hi Joerg,

i know, i've already compiled fbc 32 and 64, and it is why i can see the Paul's bundle could include a newer version.

anyway thank"s

DenWal

• Little Newbie
  • Simple man with a simple life.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 06:08:39 PM »

Sorry Paul, should have been more specific...

- Win x64 Debug
- Add a new project
- Add a new form
- Select the Menu Designer
- Write &File as first entry
- Click Next (same error happens if we accidentally hit the insert button) button
- WinFBE crash
Best regards,
Dennis

raymw

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 09:33:03 PM »

Hi Dennis,
I've tried the same as you, but it does not crash. It did crash early when loading in similar manner in version 1.8.5. however, but been OK since
Best wishes,Ray
Pages: [1] 2 3 4