PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)  (Read 2035 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.8.7 (December 9, 2018)
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 04:09:59 PM »

I doubt that the keyboard accelerator will be user defined. Well, at least not in version 1 of this stuff.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 06:13:26 PM »

GitHub updated with the User Snippets functionality.

Basically, you define a short trigger word that when typed and TAB pressed will be replaced by the expanded code text. Seems to work okay so far.

The User Snippets dialog can be resized so it should be easy to size it enter large code text.
User Snippets can be single line or multiple lines.

See attached image.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2019, 07:53:41 AM »

Image Manager changed slightly. Added a combobox for the various image view options rather than the two radio buttons.
1. Actual Size
2. Apply High DPI Scaling
3. Autosize
4. Fit to Width
5. Fit to Height
6. Stretch
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »

Hi Paul
I have added the German language file on the basis of the English language file.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2019, 01:44:01 PM »

Thanks Joerg, I appreciate it. There are many additions happening lately to the language file because of the new things that I am adding into WinFBE. New options, forms, etc.  I will let you know prior to the next WinFBE being released in order to allow you time to update your file for the release. Thanks!
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 01:59:22 PM »

Here is a new "About" form I just gobbled together. Nothing fancy but it is better than the standard messagebox that I was using.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2019, 10:31:55 PM »

For the User Snippets manager I have added the ability to insert replaceable parameters. You can manually type the parameter into the snippet text or you can right-click and insert by selecting the parameter for the list.

The first graphic how a test of the parameters looks like in the User Snippets manager. The second image shows the result of typing param and then pressing TAB.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:34:03 PM by Paul Squires »
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2019, 08:21:52 AM »

looks good, Paul. Refactoring next?

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 11:32:40 AM »

Thanks Joerg, I appreciate it. There are many additions happening lately to the language file because of the new things that I am adding into WinFBE. New options, forms, etc.  I will let you know prior to the next WinFBE being released in order to allow you time to update your file for the release. Thanks!

Hello Paul
.... when you're ready ..... just send it to me.
I do that very gladly.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2019, 09:02:26 AM »

Another day, another new feature  :)
I've been on a bit of programming roll lately so here is an image of the new subnodes in the Explorer. These nodes will exist for any new or existing Projects.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2019, 12:45:29 PM »

During my WinFBE code cleanup over the past week I've noticed a few time savers that I would have loved to have built into WinFBE to do things faster. Well, I have them all implemented now. Happy start for my programming new year. Hahahaha

Here is the latest group of code navigation options that I just added this morning:
- Added: Goto Header file (.bi) (Ctrl+Shift+H). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.
- Added: Goto Code file (.bas, .inc) (Ctrl+Shift+C). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.
- Added: Goto Main file (.bas) (Ctrl+Shift+M). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.
- Added: Goto Resource file (.rc) (Ctrl+Shift+R). Option found in Search / Code Navigation.

These functions allow you to quickly jump to files that you have designated in your project. For example, jump to the Resource file or the file designated as your "Main" compile file. Those two functions rely on the fact that the user designates certain files as Resource, Main, Header, Module, or Normal.

The two options to goto the Header file or the Code file are invaluable and they work for projects and non-projects. They allow you to quickly pop back and forth between the main source file (eg  modMenus.inc or fbc.bas) and its corresponding header file (eg modMenus.bi or fbc.bi). Obviously, you need to be sure to name your files the same with only differing file extensions.

Here are the other improvements over the past week:
- Added: Explorer treeview subnodes to hold Header, Resource, Main, Module, Normal files (for Projects only).
- Added: User Snippets (insert user defined code snippets).
- Added: A search textbox added to Function List (filters the function list based on the search term).
- Added: Next Function (Ctrl+PgDn), Previous Function (Ctrl+PgUp) to the Search menu.
- Added: Pressing F6 or selecting "Sub/Function Definition" will open any #Include file on the current editing line.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2019, 03:38:34 PM »

Enhanced the "Compiler Log File" information that shows in the Output window. In addition to the raw log file I am now adding the full command line that was sent to the fb compiler (and some other stuff for successful compiles).

Here is an example of successful and failed compiles of WinFBE source code:

Successful Compile (Errors 0 Warnings 0)

Primary Source: X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.bas
Target Compilation: ..\WinFBE32.exe (1037K, 1060864 bytes)
Compile Time: 3.0 seconds (2019-01-06 07:31:52)

Command Line:
X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\fbc32.exe -m "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.bas" "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.rc" -v -s console -x "..\WinFBE32.exe"

FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.06.0 (11-22-2018), built for win32 (32bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2016 The FreeBASIC development team.
standalone
target:       win32, 486, 32bit
compiling:    X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.bas -o X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.asm (main module)
assembling:   X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\bin\win32\as.exe --32 --strip-local-absolute "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.asm" -o "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.o"
compiling rc:               X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\bin\win32\GoRC.exe /ni /nw /o /fo "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.obj" "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.rc"
linking:      X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\bin\win32\ld.exe -m i386pe -o "..\WinFBE32.exe" -subsystem console "X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\lib\win32\fbextra.x" --stack 1048576,1048576 -s -L "X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\lib\win32" -L "." "X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\lib\win32\crt2.o" "X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\lib\win32\crtbegin.o" "X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\lib\win32\fbrt0.o" "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.o" "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.obj" "-(" -lkernel32 -lgdi32 -lmsimg32 -luser32 -lversion -ladvapi32 -limm32 -lole32 -luuid -loleaut32 -lcomctl32 -lshell32 -luxtheme -lpsapi -lcomdlg32 -lshlwapi -lddraw -ldxguid -lgdiplus -lwinspool -lfb -lgcc -lmsvcrt -lmingw32 -lmingwex -lmoldname -lgcc_eh "-)" "X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\lib\win32\crtend.o"

Failed Compile (Errors 1  Warnings 0  [2019-01-06 07:34:52])

Command Line:
X:\FB\WinFBE_Suite-Editor\FreeBASIC-1.06.0\fbc32.exe -m "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.bas" "X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.rc" -v -s console -x "..\WinFBE32.exe"

FreeBASIC Compiler - Version 1.06.0 (11-22-2018), built for win32 (32bit)
Copyright (C) 2004-2016 The FreeBASIC development team.
standalone
target:       win32, 486, 32bit
compiling:    X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.bas -o X:\FB\WinFBE\src\WinFBE.asm (main module)
X:\FB\WinFBE\src\modCompile.inc(666) error 181: Invalid assignment/conversion in 'function = "xxxxx"'
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2019, 09:08:04 AM »

All these years and I've never had to code a drag and drop Treeview with auto window scrolling. Well, that exercise is now over. It was one of those "it's easy when you know how to do it" kind of experiences. Another nugget of knowledge for my brain. :)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2019, 10:00:18 PM »

Here is another new navigation feature. Check out the attached screenshot at the two comboboxes located right below the top tab control.

The left combobox holds all of the file names. The right combobox holds the list of subs/functions in the current active file. As you navigate through the code the sub/function name will change depending on whether you are inside that function. You can also switch to different files or between functions by using these comboboxes.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:01:55 PM by Paul Squires »
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2019, 03:16:11 PM »

A user has emailed me that WinFBE fails dealing with read only files. He is 100% right and it is an oversight on my part. I will add the necessary code logic to deal with read only files. Once I add this read only code I will be ready to release an update package (v1 . 8 . 8 ).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4