PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE - 2.0.0 - Masked Edit  (Read 337 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
WinFBE - 2.0.0 - Masked Edit
« on: December 08, 2019, 09:21:16 PM »

Hi Paul,
I've added a Masked Edit control to a form.
The idea being to limit input to that edit control to a valid time: 19:35 for example.
All properties work and will compile and run - except INPUTSTRING in combination with DEFAULTCHARACTER.
If DEFAULTCHARACTER is blank then INPUTSTRING can contain any characters. However, if DEFAULTCHARACTER contains the (_) underscore chraracter and the INPUTSTRING also contains the underscore character then WinFBE will crash. And as an added bonus, the offending form is removed from the project and must be added back in when the project is reopened.
:0)
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE - 2.0.0 - Masked Edit
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 11:50:32 AM »

Eeek :-)  I will have to look into this one for sure.

Thanks for the report.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »

Hi Paul,
Just a note on the Masked Edit issue; there is usually sound associated with a crash which is the same sound as WinFBE compile successful - on my pc, it's MessageBeep( MB_OK ).
The attached screenshot of a Masked Edit control Property was taken seconds before a crash.
Also, the other screenshot is from the same project only just after a crash and an attempt to compile, without any modifications to the project. The Explorer panel of my test project now has 2 extra include files: Designer.bi and EditControl.bi and an added TabWindows.bas. None of which are in the C:\MyFBFramework\mff folder (of course). The files in the #Include are found in the MyFBFramework folder but the root is maybe the problem.
Removing the 3 files results in a successful compile.
 'Curiouser and curiouser!'

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:31:51 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 01:25:43 PM »

Second screenshot...
Clive Richey

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 01:07:01 PM »

Hi Clive,

I set up a new simple visual designer project and added a MaskedEdit control. I set the properties to be the same as you have used in your screenshot. I compiled and ran the project perfectly with no errors or GPF. It is strange that yours bombs and then seemingly adds files from the gtk widget library? I have no filenames in any of my source that use those names. Maybe the GPF memory corruption causes WinFBE to load an incorrect file? Not sure. I will post an updated WinFBE release and then you can test to see if the problem still remains using my latest source files.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 01:50:23 PM »

Hi Paul,
I just set up a new project "MaskEdit.wfbe" and added 1 masked edit box to the prebuilt frmMain. ToolBox/Properties: named it mskEdit. Then InputString "__:__" Then MaskString "dd dd" (no "") The Default "_" was already set. As soon as MaskString lost focus the mouse pointer became a semi hourglass, hard drive activity became very noticeable and about 2 seconds later came the previously mentioned sound then WinFBE "bombed".
Started WinFBE and opened the MaskEdit project. Only the resource.rc file was in the explorer; the Main file and frmMain had to be added back into the project. This time there were no text changes that I could detect.
Win32 and Win64 Console (Debug).
I'll leave it for now and have another go when the next release is out. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:55:35 PM by SeaVipe »
Clive Richey