Support Forums > General Board

The planetary health diet

(1/3) > >>

Josť Roca:
Who came up with this?

A group of 37 scientists from around the world were brought together as part of the EAT-Lancet commission.

They're a mix of experts from farming to climate change to nutrition. They took two years to come up with their findings which have been published in the Lancet.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46865204

The funny part is that it is very close to the diet that I have followed during all my life (when I was a child, the Mediterranean diet was the only one where I live). They could have saved a lot of work and money if they had asked me first :)

Josť Roca:
Who wants a burger when you can have this:

Paul Squires:
Sadly, it will probably be another generation or two before people wake up to the killer health effects of a normal Western diet. Josť, you're lucky to have grown up in an area of the world where people view food and diet in a much more progressive light than over here in North America. For the most part, the diet here is HUGE portions of crap food. Food that is cheap for the consumer and heavily subsidized by government. Milk, dairy, pork, beef.... fast food everywhere. When people talk about health food they're viewed mostly as crazy vegans. I practice intermittent fasting and just stopping putting food in my mouth for 16 hours at a time has made me feel better, faster, stronger... and less lazy.

Petrus Vorster:
I assume neither of you two look like i do.....
Lots of beef down here. Fast food joints from here now all over the planet.
Steers, Nando's, etc, etc. They are everywhere....
Especially in my shirt and pant sizes.
I take my hat off to someone who can fast 16 hours....

SeaVipe:
Ditto, @Petrus Vorster !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version