• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

FreeBasic 1.06

Started by James Fuller, February 18, 2019, 06:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Fuller

Paul,
  I see the new FreeBasic 1.06 version is made with and includes gcc 5.20. Will you be making any changes to the WinFb suite?

James

José Roca

@Paul,

When you will find the time, please check if the new windowsx.bi file works for you. In my framework, it would be becessary to change include "windowsxx.bi" to "windowsx.bi".

I will need to do this change in AfxCtrl.inc to get DirectShow working.

Paul Squires

Thanks Jose - yes, I will check the whole distribution to see what changes need to be made.

Not sure what I'll do with the new 1.06 release - whether I will keep updating my WinFBE Suite distribution with the latest 1.06 builds and the GCC (rather than 5.20) or if I will revert to the "official" releases. I am tending to think about staying with the recent builds to ensure that WinFBE always has the most up to date bug fixes for the compiler.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Joerg B.

Hello together
I am also in favour of always using the latest software, libraries or compilers.
If someone sees a "risk" in it, you can use an older compiler with WinFBE in addition to the included compiler.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

Quote from: Joerg Buckel on February 19, 2019, 07:19:42 AM
If someone sees a "risk" in it, you can use an older compiler with WinFBE in addition to the included compiler.
Exactly - my thoughts as well.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer