PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE - Settings  (Read 588 times)

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
WinFBE - Settings
« on: April 04, 2019, 01:29:41 PM »

Hi Paul,
Still having crash issues with Width and Height. I must have a setting wrong but I can't figure out what I've changed that would cause this consistent crash issue.
The image is a screenshot of the C:\WinFBE_Suite\Sample_Projects\VisualDesigner\FormTest.wfbe It compiles a runs properly; add the line ? sender.Width and the program will crash at that line.
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE - Settings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:14:12 PM »

Thanks Clive, I have found the problem. Null pointer resulting in GPF. Basically, calling properties on a Form such as top, left, width, height, location, size, etc... would cause a GPF. I won't bore you with the details as to why there was a null pointer. I have it fixed now and will soon upload a new WinFBE package for everyone to try.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:35:52 PM »

Thanks, Paul!
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

James Klutho

• Petroleum Software Solutions
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:40:14 AM »

I have been using WinFBE as an editor and I like it so far.  I haven't used the designer yet.  I turned off the auto-complete since it was adding END IF, END FUNCTION etc. when I didn't want it to - usually when adding a line below a command statement.  I just couldn't get used to it.  The Find functionality has been working pretty good but every once in a while it can get squirrely.  Great job Paul.