PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WinFBE & Modern Controls  (Read 274 times)

Petrus Vorster

WinFBE & Modern Controls
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:04:05 AM »

Hi All

Firstly, thanks again for the work Paul and JosŤ had put into all the classes, coding and development.
Without you two, most of us would have been lost.

I would like to suggest a wishlist, if that is possible.
I am not sure whether the WinFBE uses standard windows controls or would you be adding additional self developed controls as well?

Cosmetics had become essential in programs and its nice to be able to add a little modern touch to the look of something.
Most controls would be nice if we could choose, borders on/off. Border color changes when needed, focus rectangle color/opacity etc.
Grid/Listview control with fully editable cells, different cell text colours, individual cell colours and highlights, borders on/Off/colours and cell calculations etc...(almost like in Excel)

TextBoxes with different looks, like no border, flat borders, sunken and colours etc....
All controls with a mouse in/out subroutine build in and a page-control_preview like in old VB6 where you automatically had a catch for any routine before it is passed to the control on the form.

A "socket" kind of control that you just drag onto a form and allows internet connection/data from and to websites, Reading feeds, WhatsApp API feeds etc.
Nowadays many internet feeds are available, but just about everyone has a different protocol like Jscript, C+, C#, Python etc. Would it not be great if one could get a universal tool to "connect" to any such external Api's on the net?

A big wishlist i know....

I am looking forward with much anticipation at every step of progress being posted.

Thanks for sacrificing your time, I for one am very grateful.

-Regards Peter

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE & Modern Controls
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 08:39:22 AM »

:-) hehehe, yeah that's a big wishlist.

I have already changed some of the controls to be a little more customizable than the standard Windows controls. You'll see those changes in the next update that I release. As you have described, there are many other changes that could be implemented. My goal is to get a stable designer and core functionality released and then work on all of the eye candy stuff. I agree with you that the modern looking controls should be there.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 09:20:03 AM »

Hello Paul
I have a question for you. I have in an old project in a label a multiline text and recompiled after an extension.
Now the text at the end of the line is no longer wrapped with CHR(10).

Can you take a look at it?
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »

Try downloading and running your project against this version of WinFBE. It is the very latest package. It is a direct download from my website. I am not ready yet to release it to GitHub fr general download. Let me know if these files make any difference to your project.
https://www.planetsquires.com/files/WinFBE_Suite.rar
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

Joerg Buckel

• FF3 and WinFBE+WinFBX User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 02:44:40 PM »

Hello Paul

With this version, long texts are wrapped again in the label control.
Many thanks for the quick help!
Greeting from Germany

Joerg