• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

setting row height in XMLEXCEL.SLL

Started by KEYTEKNOWLEDGY, August 19, 2019, 05:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEYTEKNOWLEDGY

I Have a header line where I wrap the text (creates 3 lines of text) in a number of columns.  I am trying to set the row height so all three lines show up (versus the default row height).   Apparently the row height setting is fixed.  I tried to set the default row height, but I dont get any change in row height.

ws.DefaultRowHeight = 30

Can anyone shed some light on how to set Row Height for a header Row?

Thanks.

Paul Squires

You could try modifying the source in clsWorksheet.inc around line 256:

sRowMaster = _
            "  <Row//ROW_INDEX// ss:AutoFitHeight=*0*>"  & $CrLf & _
            "  //CELL_DATA//" & _
            "  </Row>"& $CrLf
         Replace "*" With $Dq In sRowMaster

Change:
   ss:AutoFitHeight=*0*

To:
   ss:AutoFitHeight=*1*

Recompile the SLL.

This will auto size the height of every row in the table so that the contents will fit the display.

To resize heights of individual rows then you would need to change code around line 320 and add an ss:Height attribute.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

KEYTEKNOWLEDGY

Thanks for the response.  I think that will solve my issue.  However, I have to plead ignorance of where do I find clsWorkSheet.Inc and how do I recompile  the .sll file.?

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

KEYTEKNOWLEDGY

OK.   I did not see the link to the source code.  i have it and have updated the .inc.  But I still dont know how to recompile the sll?

Paul Squires

It's been a very long time since I used PowerBasic but I compiled the SLL (see attachment). Let me know if it does not meet your needs.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

KEYTEKNOWLEDGY

Thanks Paul.  I need to move off PowerBasic and am researching alternatives.  PureBasic and FreeBasic.   Got any opinion you wish to share. 

Paul Squires

FreeBasic is what I use exclusively now. A little bit of a learning curve during the transition over from PowerBasic but it was nothing too painful. I have never used PureBasic although I have heard good things about it also (although I think that the syntax is not as "BASIC" as other languages in the genre - I could be wrong about that).
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

KEYTEKNOWLEDGY

Thanks.  I have looked at PureBasic and you are correct.  That "BASIC" context is a bit different than BASIC.  Conversion looks to be a bit more difficult from POWERBASIC.  There are some good conversion doc's on it. 

Are there any conversion docs for conversion from PowerBasic to FreeBasic.  I am using the console compiler. Lots of "GRAPHIC ..... Statements.

Thanks again.

José Roca

The GRAPHIC statements are not standard, but proprietary. You will have to rewrite everything from scratch using whatever that compiler uses.

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

KEYTEKNOWLEDGY

I think I remember Jose R from the Power Basic Forums.

I have done about three conversions going back to the early 80's of this application (BICARSA) type of app, and have added a lot of addition function including purchasing, AR, etc.  Started with MS Quick Basic when the PC came out.  Originally started on an IBM 5110 with two 8" 1 MB diskettes for data storage.  (History of computing lesson).  It is for a small (but global) wholesale distributor.  So changing syntax in commands is not a big deal, more tedium.  Changing graphic commands is also not a big deal.  I have my code pretty modular where I use the keyboard, mouse, and set window sizes.  I use UDF structures for my data. 

I have two challenges.  1.  I am still using BTRIEVE for transaction processing, and have defined DDF's for relational (ODBC) queries using PSQL (Now ACTIAN).  I need to move off that platform, I think.  Probably will go to SQL or SQL lite. 
2.  When I move, I like FreeBasic because it is open source and will probably be around for a while.  However, I have a lot of things that are QB like, (Like GoSub's) and would like to move to generic FreeBasic (Not use the Lang QB option).  So that is another bit of a challenge.

Anybody got a smallish example of a freebasic program that defines a window and takes some data input and prints it out.  Kind of a "HELLO WORLD" app with some screen management stuff.  It would help me get a start.  Also, any thoughts on DB?