PlanetSquires Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WinFBE Suite 1.9.8 (November 7, 2019)  (Read 556 times)

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
Re: WinFBE Suite 1.9.8 (November 7, 2019)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

1) I was testing an anomaly with the main menu where e.ListViewColumn and e.ListViewRow are popup choices in the Menu's Click event.
2) Any Menu choice will fire frmMain_Deactivate and associated shutdown routines. Then go on to load frmMain again (and associated startup routines) which partially locks up the program (the exit routines will still work with manual intervention but it's not very tidy).

Hi Clive, I am trying to work through your post. I think in this case you may be misinterpreting what "frmMain_Deactivate" represents. That event is fired when the form loses focus, not when it is being closed. So, if your main menu pops up a message box the the focus will shift from the form to the message box...thus firing your Deactivate handler. If you want to handle form closing then you need to put tat code in frmMain_FormClosing or frmMain_FormClosed. This is assuming that I am understanding the problem that you are describing.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

• Windows 10
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »

Thanks, Paul. I was starting to figure that out but I was focused on the main menu issue and hadn't quite linked the dots.
Clive Richey
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place. Winston Churchill

raymw

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »

If I select a row with the mouse, it is highlighted blue, if programmatically, it is highlighted grey. Is it possible to be able to select these colours, possibly in designer toolbox properties? Is there a simple ratio between font size and row height in Pixels? If so what is it? Does the grid effect this?

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »

I just these new Events:

- Added: ListView DoubleClick, RightClick events.
- Added: ListView Click event will now also fire if ENTER is pressed on a ListView line.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

• Administrator
  • Guru Member
  • Windows 10
    • PlanetSquires Software
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »

If I select a row with the mouse, it is highlighted blue, if programmatically, it is highlighted grey.

It shows blue because it has focus. If the control loses focus then you'll get the grey. In code you can do this to set the selected index and also the focus to the control.

Code: [Select]
   frmMain.ListView1.SelectedIndex = 0
   frmMain.ListView1.Focused = true

Is there a simple ratio between font size and row height in Pixels? If so what is it? Does the grid effect this?
Windows automatically adjusts ListView row heights based on the font defined for the control. I don't know what magically forumla that is used. To set our own row height would entail having to write the ListView as an OwnerDrawn control and that is outside my scope of development for this ListView control.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
Pages: 1 [2]