• Welcome to PlanetSquires Forums.

WinFBE Suite 2.0.0 (November 21, 2019)

Started by Paul Squires, November 21, 2019, 07:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Squires

Version 2.0.0 (November 21, 2019)
- Added: New Project template options: None; Blank Document; Visual Designer; Console; Windows DLL; Static Library.
- Added: ListView sort (ascending or descending) by a specified SubItem column index. ListView.Items.SortByColumn( nSortColumn, bSortAscend ).
- Added: ListView Click event now sets e.KeyChar = 13, e.KeyCode = VK_RETURN, whenever ENTER is pressed on a selected row.
- Fixed: ListView would "automatically" select the row under the cursor even if you don't click on it. Fix required removing the ListView MouseHover event.
- Fixed: "Open Templates" menu option was disabled if no file/project was already opened.
- Fixed: Removed extra separator bar between the "Replace" and "Goto Line" top menu items.

https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software
WinFBE Editor and Visual Designer

SeaVipe

Thanks, Paul.
ListView:
The existing ListView control on my test form lost all of its Properties when the project was opened in 2.0.0. Code was still there so simply added the Events in Visual Designer; works fine.
Forecolor and Backcolor don't appear to be modifiable. All other colours display as defined in Properties or code.
On Double Click, CLICK fires first followed by MOUSEDOUBLECLICK then DOUBLECLICK. (All 3.) Probably working correctly...
MouseMove works but (as you noted earlier) MouseHover does not.
Clive Richey

Joerg B.

Hello Paul
Thank you very much for continuing to develop WinFBE.

I have adapted the current language file accordingly.
Greeting from Germany

Joerg

Paul Squires

Quote from: Joerg Buckel on November 22, 2019, 04:59:11 AM
Hello Paul
Thank you very much for continuing to develop WinFBE.

I have adapted the current language file accordingly.

Awesome - thanks! I will include it in the next update.

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

SeaVipe

Hi Paul,
With a listView control, .Columns.Add("") requires a corresponding .Items.Add("") or .Item(n).SubItems.Add("") otherwise the program will crash.

This works:

i =frmMain.lvMainDB.Columns.Add( "ID",            50, TextAlignment.Center )
    i =frmMain.lvMainDB.Columns.Add( "Last Name",    200, TextAlignment.Left )

for ii as long = 0 to 99

i = frmMain.lvMainDB.Items.Add( "Row " & ii )
        frmMain.lvMainDB.Item(i).SubItems.Add( "Row " & ii & " Sub1" )

Next ii

This will crash the program:

i =frmMain.lvMainDB.Columns.Add( "ID",            50, TextAlignment.Center )
    i =frmMain.lvMainDB.Columns.Add( "Last Name",    200, TextAlignment.Left ) '' <- needs a matching .Item(i).SubItems.Add

for ii as long = 0 to 99

i = frmMain.lvMainDB.Items.Add( "Row " & ii )
'''     frmMain.lvMainDB.Item(i).SubItems.Add( "Row " & ii & " Sub1" ) '' <- no corresponding .Item(i).SubItems.Add()

Next ii

Clive Richey

Paul Squires

Thanks Clive,

I have fixed this by adding an additional check to ensure that the SubItem does not exceed the collection bounds.

if (plvdi->item.mask and LVIF_TEXT) then
                        ' Do an array bounds check because it is possible that the user
                        ' has not defined all subitems to match the number of columns.
                        if nSubItem <= pListView->Item(nItem).SubItems.Count - 1 then
                           plvdi->item.pszText = pListView->Item(nItem).SubItem(nSubItem).Text.sptr
                           plvdi->item.cchTextMax = len(pListView->Item(nItem).SubItem(nSubItem).Text)
                        end if
                     end if

Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

I also fixed a regression whereby clicking on a ListView row's checkbox would not toggle it. I had accidently "optimized" code and removed the toggle. Lol  :-)
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

Paul Squires

Just an update to keep you in the loop as to what I'm working on.
Still working on the next release. Here is what's done so far:

- Added: Month Calendar control.
- Added: DateTimePicker control.
- Changed: Updated German language file as provided by Joerg Buckel.
- Fixed: ListView Hover event was not removed from the Visual Designer list of selectable methods.
- Fixed: ListView GPF if number of defined subitems did not match number of defined columns.
- Fixed: ListView regression whereby mouse clicking on checkbox item was not being recognized.
- Fixed: ListView GPF if horizontal scroll bar moved to the right and then all columns deleted.

I am working on a Tab Control. Once that is finished then I'll release 2.01.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

Hi Paul,  are you going to be adding ToolTips?

Paul Squires

Quote from: raymw on December 04, 2019, 06:46:17 PM
Hi Paul,  are you going to be adding ToolTips?

Sure, that shouldn't be too hard. I used to have a ToolTip property for controls in FireFly.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

That's why I asked, I used 'em there, and found useful when I couldn't remember the details of every button action when using the program six month's later. In fact, I altered it to allow more characters. (about the only time I've messed with Jose's code...)

Paul Squires

No problem. ToolTip and ToolTipBalloon properties have now been added for most controls.
Paul Squires
PlanetSquires Software

raymw

Thanks Paul. That'll help in my efforts in converting my firefly code to winfbe. The winfbe code looks much neater, in particular the toolbox function code. I altered the tool tip in firefly to accept 160 characters, 80 was not enough for some of my tips. I hope you've allowed a decent number of characters.